GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a road trip to Key West the first week in Feb. Any suggestions on motels or B&B to stay in would be greatlly appreciated. Place doesn't have to be fancy, just a good bed and place to shower. Plan on riding and looking most of the time.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Was just in KW last week, If you can manage, its much better and MUCH cheaper to stay in Florida City and ride down to KW for the day.

Prices are special in KW. Even gas is quite a bit higher.

There are a few places on Truman Ave. But I didnt want to spend quite that much. Good Luck ...........Don

·
Registered
147 Posts
Last time in Key West, I stayed at The Southernmost Hotel. Very clean, very accomodating staff who had great eats ideas. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
"Planning a road trip to Key West"

Me too but we probably won't go until May. But I will be watching your thread for good cheap places to stay and good places to eat.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've stayed at the Best Western several times [~$100]. It's at the quiet end of Duval Street one block north, has Camille's restaurant a hundred yards away, a mini market across the street, is close to SMP marker and the east beaches, and has a pool and hot tub.

It's just off US1 so getting around isn't too bad.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Southern Cross Hotel on Duval St around $140/nite...parking is extra and it is a decent place. I usually stay at the Crown Plaza on Duval. About $180/nite and no charge for parking the bike.

You can always hit the Youth Hostel for 35/nite. Bunk beds and a shared shower. I've stayed at all these places, it all depends on $$$.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I've stayed at the Best Western also...really not a bad place! But as suggested, staying OFF of Key West is a lot cheaper...even staying around Marathon, or better yet, Islamorda, is perfect for day cruising over to Key West...you also have more choices for renting boats/fishing/snorkeling in Islamorda... try Holiday Isles...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'm with Bev on this one. Kim and I stay at the Hampton Inn Suites on Islamorada. It even has an Outback Steakhouse attached. Peaceful and quiet with plenty of action within a mile or two (watersports, boat rentals, snorkeling, fishing, party lounges, etc.). A short ride down to Key West. A lot cheaper also.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
This time of the year is open season on tourist and snowbirds. All over Florida prices are jacked up to take advantage of the northern influx of snow escapees;);) and Key West is one of the worst.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I HAVE STAYED N THE CUBAN CLUB 4 TIMES IF THEY R SEVERAL PEOPLE N YOUR GROUP THE BETTER 2800 SQ FT N DE UPSTAIRS ROOMS DONT GO N THE 801 CLUB I DID BY MISTAKE DIDNTT STAY LONG THO:wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong::wrong:WATCH FER DE RAINBOW:nojoke: FLAGS

·
Registered
124 Posts
My vote is also for the BW (mostly because of the proximity to Camille's!! :thumbup:). Also, the rooms are quite nice and we very much liked being at the quieter end of town. We were just there in the summer and rode up to bahia honda one day for a snorkle trip. that was amazing!!
We will be heading back there in the summer.
such are the lives of teachers...florida in the summer.

·
Registered
397 Posts
We stay at The Garden House Key West for the power boat races every year. Walking distance to Duval St. No need to drive when you get their.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Another thumbs up for the Southernmost Hotel, beautiful place and you can walk uptown. It'll be a bit pricey in February though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We really enjoyed the Key West Harbor Inn, 219 Elizabeth Street @ Greene. It's right behind the Schooner Wharf and the Conch Republic. Two blocks from Duval and three blocks from Front Street / Mallory Square. Tropical courtyard / pool, beautiful rooms in main house and 2-story pool house. The afternoon poolside snacks and goodies are a daily treat. Look at their website www.keywestharborinn.com
Eight of us (all friends) stayed there last year and were very satisfied.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts