GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Post Subject: planning a ride thru'BC

IR Harry: Iive in a suburb of Vancouver (Abbotsford BC) and could possibly shed some light on you query. Vancouver Island is a very beautiful area to cycle thru. Victoria is a city with an Old-English flavour and would be a great place to tour for a day or so. Getting there, you would board a BC Ferry from the Vanc. area. A 1 1/2 hr trip and you're on the Island. Victoria is the capital city of B.C and the legislative buildings are in the center of the City. The Island is a favourite destination for motorcyclists and the clilmate is very moderate throughout the Spring to Fall seasons. The trip up the Island is gorgeous and the roads are ideal--paved and four-lane for the most part. You'd get on the ferry again at the end of the Island and land in Prince Rupert--a quaint fishing port. The road from P.R inland is also excellent (Hwy 16)to Jasper National Park. There you would go south to Banff Nat Park on the Icefield Highway to Banff--then to Calgary and south again to the US border. Ferrys put m/c's on first before all other traffic(after buses) Motorcycles are on side-stands at all times. There are blocks provided to put under the opposite side. A good idea is to put the bike in reverse when stopped to avoid rolling back and forth. There are motels all along the way at convenient intervals and are no problem. If you plan to stop over in a National Park , you require a permit($10) which you buy at a Park Gate. If I can be of any help, just email me at [email protected]. Glad to help. In the spring and summer I'm usually away but home on most weekends. Hope this is of some help to you
Regards Dale

1 - 2 of 2 Posts