GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the forcast saying highs of 60 or above for the 23rd & 24th, we're going to be riding. Heck with the big meals, parades, & football games. They say it could be the warmest Thanksgiving in the Mid-West, in decades. YIPPEE! :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Got the new Wing yesterday. The wife and I both have all 4 days off. Yep, we will be taking some long rides. Just down to choosing a destination.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Gonna be great in STL too, but me gotta work. April is just around the corner...isn't it?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Picking up my daughter today as she is coming back from Iraq. We also are going to do some riding. It is going to be a very Thankful Thanksgiving!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
I was thinking the same thing myself till I drove to work this morning. Seems like the little dusting of snow we got this morning, the morns in ODOT thought it would be a good idea to spread salt.

I may go anyway and just clean the bike real good when I get home. Thes idiots really get me going though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm with you Verdayne!!! Nice (Sometimes lousy) thing about Indiana. The weather changes so often, we get alot of good riding time even in winter! Here's to a warm Turkey Day!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
nwkshusker said:
Picking up my daughter today as she is coming back from Iraq. We also are going to do some riding. It is going to be a very Thankful Thanksgiving!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!
Me too, My son is out of the marine corps and heading home, should arrive today, Ive got the wing and a HD in the garage so with the temps in the high 60's for thursday, we will ride.. Of course the wing is my ride and he can have the harley. When I ride the HD it feels like im wearing a parachute and when i get off my arms feel like there 2 inchs longer..... have a great thanksgiving everyone and ride safe.. :yes:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
All you with the Kids coming home, tell em THANKS and let them have the big leg :D

All those with a loved one still over there, thoughts are with you and them.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
larrylee731 said:
nwkshusker said:
Me too, My son is out of the marine corps and heading home, should arrive today, Ive got the wing and a HD in the garage so with the temps in the high 60's for thursday, we will ride.. Of course the wing is my ride and he can have the harley. When I ride the HD it feels like im wearing a parachute and when i get off my arms feel like there 2 inchs longer..... have a great thanksgiving everyone and ride safe.. :yes:
A big hearty thanks to both of them.

My nephew called me from Iraq this morning and really made my day. Getting a care package together for him and his fellow Marines to be sent tomorrow. Sadly he's there till February at the least.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Novellred

If you just got a new wing any place you go will be GREAT! Just go to the end of the driveway and flip a coin. Left or Right will do. I had more fun with my new wing for the first month. Every single ride was fun. Take someone with you if you can. I had an older HD rider that we rode with. He knew more great roads in his area. Had a blast. Did one real nice covered bridge ride. Check out some of the fun things we did here http://www.itchyhitch.com/wingin.htm

Congrats on the new wing. You will enjoy the heck out of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts