GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a trip down to Nashville & then to Deals Gap for the 4th of July, we would like to know of any must see places and roads to ride along the way.

Thanks to all who reply .

Robert & Laurie

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Go to the Rides And Trips section on the forum and click on the a Smoky Mountain Ride In site. In there are some routes you can ride and get all the curves you want. Hope you have reservations because the Smoky Mountain Park will be unbearable- get it un-BEAR-able. Stay out of Gatlinburg, Cherokee,and Pigeon Forge. Those towns will be loaded with tourist. Snail pace all through town. Better ride the Dragon as early in the day as later own it too will be very crowded.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Buck,

There are several ways to get from Nashville to Deal's Gap...I can show you a less-traveled route with lots of twisties along the way...or you can run the slab and get there quicker.

Slow Joe is telling you straight. It's going to be a cluster over the holiday weekend. Expect lots of traffic at Deal's Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc. It's my top favorite place to ride, but I try to avoid it on weekends and especially holidays...

You might want to include a stop at the Loveless Cafe for a great meal and then ride some on the Natchez Trace. Not that it's all that great of a road, but it is naturally beautiful.

As it happens, we live just a couple miles from there, and if we can help with any more "local" knowledge, send a PM.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
If you are into water falls, then Google "Burgess Falls" "Fall Creek Falls" and "Cummins Falls" they are all within 20 minutes or so of the interstate between Nashville and Knoxville.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Buck, IF you have the time and are interested I can keep you on great roads all the way up to central Indiana. Drop me a PM or email.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buck, IF you have the time and are interested I can keep you on great roads all the way up to central Indiana. Drop me a PM or email.
Go to the Rides And Trips section on the forum and click on the a Smoky Mountain Ride In site. In there are some routes you can ride and get all the curves you want. Hope you have reservations because the Smoky Mountain Park will be unbearable- get it un-BEAR-able. Stay out of Gatlinburg, Cherokee,and Pigeon Forge. Those towns will be loaded with tourist. Snail pace all through town. Better ride the Dragon as early in the day as later own it too will be very crowded.
Buck,

There are several ways to get from Nashville to Deal's Gap...I can show you a less-traveled route with lots of twisties along the way...or you can run the slab and get there quicker.

Slow Joe is telling you straight. It's going to be a cluster over the holiday weekend. Expect lots of traffic at Deal's Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc. It's my top favorite place to ride, but I try to avoid it on weekends and especially holidays...

You might want to include a stop at the Loveless Cafe for a great meal and then ride some on the Natchez Trace. Not that it's all that great of a road, but it is naturally beautiful.

As it happens, we live just a couple miles from there, and if we can help with any more "local" knowledge, send a PM.
If you are into water falls, then Google "Burgess Falls" "Fall Creek Falls" and "Cummins Falls" they are all within 20 minutes or so of the interstate between Nashville and Knoxville.

Thanks I will be in touch

​Buck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts