GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ms Vic and I are in the planning stages of our next Iron Butt ride 1500 miles in we hope 24 hours Jacksonville Beach, Fl to Lake Charles La and flip Hope to make the run in the last part of March

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Snoopy, Have you and Darlin already completed and certified a SS1000?

If not, one of the pre-requisites for a BBG (1500 miles in 24hrs) is the basic 1000 miles in less than 24 hrs.

Link from http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/getdocument.cfm?DocID=3 :

WARNING: Before you can apply for Bun Burner Gold certification (1,500+ miles in 24 hours), you must have at least completed one of the following; a SaddleSore 1000, a Bun Burner 1500 (1,500 miles in 36 hours), a SaddleSore 2000 (or other similiar IBA ride), the Alberta 2000, Minnesota 1000, TimberButt, Tarbutt Rally, Utah 1088, any Cognoscente Group event, any MERA event, or the Iron Butt Rally. IMPORTANT NOTE: Other 24 and 36 hour rallies qualify. Their omission here is not intentional, it is just not possible to list all qualifying rallies. If you are unsure if a rally you finished is acceptable, please contact [email protected].

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Thought I remember hearing about y'all doing a SS1000 not too long ago (or at least attempting one). But I echo Gramps comments above, and am looking forward to seeing y'all again in May.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep we made SS1000 back in September To Durham, NC and flipped the trip back was pulling a new to us Wags trailer. Ms Vic did great and now rides on the Darkside and she said why did you make me wait so long before I could cross over.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Yep we made SS1000 back in September To Durham, NC and flipped the trip back was pulling a new to us Wags trailer. Ms Vic did great and now rides on the Darkside and she said why did you make me wait so long before I could cross over.
I remember commenting about her physical and mental toughness.

I-10 is an excellent route for a BBG. I was planning on a BBG from the Jacksonville IBA Party hotel to the Texas State Line and back.

gramps

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
I-10 is an excellent route for a BBG. <...>
One of very, very few places that a 23 hour 1500+ mile ride is achieveable.

Mine is planned - I now need to get it on the calendar...this year!

Snoopy: Luck to you on yours; ride report in this thread to let us all know how it went!

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
One of very, very few places that a 23 hour 1500+ mile ride is achieveable.

Mine is planned - I now need to get it on the calendar...this year!
Ken, I'm curious about what route you intend to take, especially if you intend on riding through West Texas after dark when the deer become more of a danger.

Also which month because of the hot Arizona days that begin around the middle of May.

gramps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts