GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a small, clear plastic part that is located on the top rear of each valve cover. Does anyone know what purpose it serves and what the part# is?

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,588 Posts
Those are called spoilers and they cause rain to be thrown out away from your leg when it collects on the fairing and runs to that area. What year is your bike?

They are all the same 2001-2010

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for your quick response. My bike is a 2002. It has just the small clear plastic piece. I think I have seen this piece on some 1800s that has a clear soft material over the small plastic piece.

Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge of this wonderful machine.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,588 Posts
Umm, don't know what else they would have there. This spoiler piece is the same set of part numbers for 10 years, they even have the same diagram for all of those years as well with nothing else different. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Are you talking about parts 15 and 18 on the Cylinder Head Cover Drawing?

15 - SPOILER, R. SIDE -83530-MCA-000

18 - SPOILER, L. SIDE - 83580-MCA-000

Same part number for both sides.
Just a quick clarification...

Part numbers are correct as listed in your post, but they are NOT the same part number! The part is different since it is a mirror image from one side to the other.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Just a quick clarification...

Part numbers are correct as listed in your post, but they are NOT the same part number! The part is different since it is a mirror image from one side to the other.

Oops, my mistake. I read the numbers quickly and missed that there is one digit different in them. Of course they are not interchangeable. Good catch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts