GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching the threads. Is it true that no one sells the replacement push-pin rivets for the left pocket other than the dealer? I found some on the HDL but from what I read they will not work for the pocket.

I installed my 12v accessory plug today. It was my first experience removing the pocket. Of course the abyss ate one of the push pin centers. I did not look long. I thought I could just order another one.

Thanks,

·
Registered
595 Posts
You can just order them from HDL.

CLIP, BUMPER SEAL Part #90116-SP0-003

They are located in the parts fiche under "Air Ducts".

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I have them ordered. Guess I'll have 5 extra in case I ever need them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did the same thing. I found the pin on top of the radiator the first time I pulled the shelter. Now I have three extra pins. I figured I would do it again.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know where I can get these other than the dealer? I ordered from HDL and they apparently don't have them. There is no back order listed on the shipper, just a "0" quantity shipped.

Thanks,

·
Registered
150 Posts
Look at cyclemaxohio.com click on gl1800 when that screen pulls up click on gl1800 OTHER, scroll down untill you find what you need. They have three different types and they are all close together, can't miss them, I ordered all three sets.
Good Luck
Charlie

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
kg5ie said:
Anyone know where I can get these other than the dealer? I ordered from HDL and they apparently don't have them. There is no back order listed on the shipper, just a "0" quantity shipped.

Thanks,
I saw these advertised in JC Whitneys Catalog!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I went down to the local Honda car dealership and found some. They call them trim rivets , Part# 90657-SB0-003, cost $3.63 each. Take one with you to make sure you get the correct size.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Try to find a company that sells to body shops. I had good luck finding well nuts (used on sport bike windshields, car roof racks, etc) at one of these. They even had a choice of metric or std threads. They didn't sell fenders, grills, etc just the shop supplies that a body shop would need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts