GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On both sides of the Gl 1800 there is a plastic strap covering the frame member. Its about an inch wide, four inches long and is securred under the seat. The strap on the left side is now loose on the bottom. I see it has rubber backing on it and it looks like it might have been glued into place. Any ideas on how I should stick it down so it doesn't rattle or fly away? Anyone know the purpose of it? It looks like it might be covering a weld. Thanks!

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Mine was loose when the bike was delivered. It is covering a weld, sort of chintzy of Honda. I used contact cement to re-attach it and it is stuck tight. I guess it was too much trouble for them to grind the welds flush befire the powder coating was applied -- or maybe its one of those two step welds that should not be ground flush.

prs

·
Vendor
22,218 Posts
If this is the gray colored piece of plastic that covers the frame weld, then all you need to do is use some double-sided adhesive foam type tape and re-stick it in place. It is only there for aesthetic reasons and serves no mechanical purpose. For what it is worth, mine also came loose after about 30K miles.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you spring for the Kury's they include screws so that you can use the pivot covers of choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts