GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you guys don't pounce on me all at once!

I have only had my Wing for about 5 months, and I have never heard of Honda Hoot.

Can someone tell me what it is (without yelling :lol: )?? I am reading about BBQ's and trips. What have I missed?

Micheal

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Gee's I can't yell at ya unless I know where your from etc. Your profile isnt filled out........ :)

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
In a word Honda Hoot to us is about RIDING!!! This is a very nice area to head in almost any direction and enjoy some great scenery and fun roads. There are a lot of mountians and and scenic drives and a chance to meet up with some old friends and to make some new ones.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
This is a GWRRA (Goldwing Road Riders Association) event every year for members and their guests but it's the largest of the Goldwing related rally's in the nation. This year it is scheduled to be in Billings Montana in July.
http://www.wing-ding.org/

·
Registered
47 Posts
WHAT?!?!?!?!

2 minutes and no flames?!?!?!

I'm just mesing around anyway. Don't get the boxers in a bunch.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dangerdave. No flaming, but that's darned funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
And oh so true.......... :bow:

·
Registered
47 Posts
heh

HAHAHAH Well there is someone with a sense of humor around here. :lol:

I swear to God, if I see 10 Goldwings on the road, 8 of them are 2 up with over weight senior citizens, little matching helmets and vests that won't button with a flag or 2 and a bunch of chrome, or other stuff. All the [email protected] accessories on the market are geared toward helping the aged ride. What's next? Perscription glass windshields? HAHAHAHA

I was afraid my nice 06 Audio would refuse to play anything but BIG BAND. I was relieved to hear how nice U2 sounded on it.

I mean don't get me wrong, the whole idea of motorcycling is individuality and doing your own thing...but Geeez.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Careful! You're going to give DangerDave a big head and then we'll have another Rodehard hanging around.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dangerdave. No flaming, but that's darned funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
And oh so true.......... :bow:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well I would say it's not all gerital. Yea I'm full of gray hair but only in my 40's. My experience with the Honda Hoot was great.

Two years ago rode to the Hoot, Phoenix to Knoxsville, my first cross country ride.
Saw a ton of every kind of Wing configuration you could imagine at the Hoot.
Met a bunch of vendors that frequent this forum
Did the 'Tail of the Dragon' for the first time on a spirited run on my wing and a buddy with his Ford Lightning.
Experienced and met folks at the annual GL1800Riders Breakfast.
Rode with YellowWolf and others on a somewhat spirited ride after the breakfast.
Stopped and spent an afternoon at the Barber Motorcycle museum in Alabama on the way home.
Yup, Honda Hoot was a hoot and would love to do it again. But with wife and two young kids, those kind of trips don't come to often. I still got to get to Sturgis, Daytona and other big bike events at least once.
Do the Honda Hoot. :D

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
The Wing Ding is an unusual event because it is not sponsored by Honda, although they are invited to be there.

It has a typically large trade show as part of the event and the trade show is always in a large hall with air conditioning, which is really needed since it is always the July 4th week.

The Hoot is Honda Sponsored and riders of all makes and styles are invited.

The Wing Ding is a place where you can loose your Wing because there will be many thousand Wings there.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
wingman_micheal said:
I hope you guys don't pounce on me all at once!

I have only had my Wing for about 5 months, and I have never heard of Honda Hoot.

Can someone tell me what it is (without yelling :lol: )?? I am reading about BBQ's and trips. What have I missed?

Micheal
This is a "pounce free zone". :)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Re: heh

dangerdave said:
It's where all the stereotypical people you've heard about riding Goldwings.....but hoped it was just a myth....actually congregate and eat more than is humanly possible, ride really slowly in a huge @ssed formation everywhere, and talk about bumpkin sh1t like square dancing and quilting.
Oh,,,,and you need an AARP card to enter
You're thinking Wing Ding. The Hoot is a mixed crowd. Lots of squids bragging about wheelies, metric cruiser pilots with fake tatoos, scooter jockies in golf pants up to their armpits, and the Dunlop trailer where they explain to you why the wobble is normal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ride a BMW and I love the Honda Hoot. I paid my registration and rode up from Atlanta by myself. I showed up at the meeting spot and went on great rides for 3 days in a row, spent a day at the park and a night walking around downtown. Met some great people and rode some great roads.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts

dangerdave said:
I was afraid my nice 06 Audio would refuse to play anything but BIG BAND. I was relieved to hear how nice U2 sounded on it.
U2?
U2??

hA!
... man, it's obvious you peaked in the last century!
:)

Dennis

·
Registered
5,541 Posts

wingwing said:
dangerdave said:
U2?
U2??

hA!
... man, it's obvious you peaked in the last century!
:)

Dennis
You probably never heard of "Iron Butterfly"...

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts

pshivers said:
You probably never heard of "Iron Butterfly"...
innaagaavaaaddageeeveeeda?
:lol:

ummm.... I think you missed the point.
:roll:

I'll have to check my old "engagements book"
... but I think I opened for Iron Butterfly once.
:wink:

Dennis

·
Registered
47 Posts
heh

HAHAHAHA I don't think I ever peaked. Fell off the vine way before my full potential.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts