GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a friggin fender bolt (don't ask me how) and now it's holding me up!! :twisted: :evil: :oops: I'm having trouble identifying it on the OEM Parts Fiche, and so are the guys at HDL Parts in Ohio. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I need the fender bolt that goes on the FRONT WHEEL REAR FENDER, and it would be the rear bolt on the left side. The red arrow in the picture below is pointing at the hole that I need the bolt for.

The yellow arrow in the picture below is pointing to what I beleive is the bolt, but it referrences a different fiche for the part number. (F-5) That's where the confusion comes in.

I beleive I have identified the bolt on the fiche below, indicated by the red arrow. The guys at HDL aren't sure if this is the one, so if someone can confirm the part number for me, I would appreciate it very much.

Here's a direct link to the OEM Parts page, if someone wants to fish around for the part number to that bolt.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2004&fveh=3500

Thanks for your help!!
8)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Where does F5 take you? If my memory serves me correct it is about an inch long with a 8 mm size.

If you would like you can call me and I will take my cover off and we can figure it out.

770-231-9053

·
Registered
104 Posts
95801-06030-07
this for the bolt number 31 i think that is the one you need.
there is one on each side

8)

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
There are four bolts holding the rear front fender on. All four have the same thread, 6mm X 1.00. The lengths vary - on the left side of the bike, the front flange bolt is 12.5mm from face of head to end of thread, and the rear (the one I think you are looking for) is 35mm from face of head to end of thread. It has a rolled thread 2mm long.

I think you are looking for part number 96001-06030-07, #35 on the illustration of the delay valve. The part says its a 6X30 flange bolt, but the one out of my bike that I am holding in my hand measures 6X35.

Id would send you a picture, but cannot find the camera. Found it....

Here is a photo of the parts manual page - look at item 35

·
Registered
118 Posts
Go to a local hardware store... get a 6.0x1.0 bolt, @ 1 1/4". Any bolt head will work... at least it'll get you going.
It screws into the brake line junction on the inside of the fender/fork area. Be careful when screwing it in... it's easy to cross thread.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
IR Harry said:
... I think you are looking for part number 96001-06030-07, #31 on the illustration of the delay valve. The part says its a 6X30 flange bolt, but the one out of my bike that I am holding in my hand measures 6X35.
Not 96001-... ZrxWing had the correct part number for bolt #31. This is cut from the parts fiche:

31 BOLT, FLANGE (6X30)
95801-06030-07

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
ACE Hardware has that metric bolt. You can choose from chrome plated, stainless steel, or steel in metric sizes. They have a complete motorcycle selection (Harley and Metric cruiser) at the store I visit.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I think Lowes also carries a good selection of metric bolts. McMasterCarr has a very good selection. They are in Atlanta so shipping may take a couple days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts