GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info or advice on the best heel toe shifter set up available for a Goldwing trike. I was going to go with an electric shifter but I have found that these were available and feel this might work quite well for me. I just want to be sure I get the best one availabe at this time. Please any advice or opinions would be highly appreciated. Thank you, and as always ride safe. Watchman

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Kuryakyn heel toe shifter first then added the Kuryakyn floor boards about a year later. In a word, EXCELLENT! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Has anyone got the Kury Heel-Toe shifter on a CSC with the Ground Effects installed? Just wondering if they will fit ok and if there would be any kind of alterations or adjustments need in order to get them to fit correctly. TIA

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Has anyone got the Kury Heel-Toe shifter on a CSC with the Ground Effects installed? Just wondering if they will fit ok and if there would be any kind of alterations or adjustments need in order to get them to fit correctly. TIA

They fit just fine SilverHawk! Just check clearance on the foot brake pedal when fully pushed down. May need to roll it up a notch.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I do not understand why anyone would want them, I tried them on a Harley and did not like the feel. Must just be old school.

Stu Ottman (sp) the tech guy in Wing World was VERY negative about them in an article a few months back, he said the Wing transmission was NOT designed to take the abuse you can dish out with the heel shifter, you can exert a tremendous amount of force with your heel if you are not careful.

I know many have them and love them and have not had any problems, I will stay old school and shift with my toe. Some may have a problem shifting that way and that may be the reason the heel toe shifters are popular. I just do not see the need for me.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
They fit just fine SilverHawk! Just check clearance on the foot brake pedal when fully pushed down. May need to roll it up a notch.
Thanks for the info LoneStar. I'm still looking into purchasing some, but not sure yet. Stay tuned for the News at eleven. ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Floorboards/heel toe shift

Took me quite a while to get used to mine. I stuck with them for a couple of months and wouldn't want to take a long trip without em' now. For short rides and around town only, I'd call them a nuisance, but then if that's the majority of your riding, what's the point of wasting a good Gold Wing?

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Heel to toe Shifter

Silverhawk, the kury will work just fine on your Trike. Gary from lonestar Trikes did my conversion for me and I've had no trouble with mine at all. I'm sure you will enjoy the shifter a lot. :p

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Silverhawk, the kury will work just fine on your Trike. Gary from lonestar Trikes did my conversion for me and I've had no trouble with mine at all. I'm sure you will enjoy the shifter a lot. :p
Crucible-Trike. Thanks for the input. Have a question for ya though (post hijack - sorta-kinda)...how in the world did you get your trike picture to show, pretty closely, the real color of the '07 Orange? Guess I'll have to get a new camera too since every time I take a photo of my '07 Crucible Orange Trike it looks on the red side. Yours looks awesome! :yes1:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Crucible-Trike. Thanks for the input. Have a question for ya though (post hijack - sorta-kinda)...how in the world did you get your trike picture to show, pretty closely, the real color of the '07 Orange? Guess I'll have to get a new camera too since every time I take a photo of my '07 Crucible Orange Trike it looks on the red side. Yours looks awesome! :yes1:

If you notice his in the shade. Try that some colors like your orange take on a much different look in direct sun and it depends on which angle the sun hits it. Just a suggestion SilverHawk............ although I like your picture very impressive. 'Specially that good lookin' couple standing with it!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ADDON = JUNQUE = NEVER AGAIN

I had one on Moby. The pivot was sticky (BRAND new out of the package) and took out the transmission. It held the shifter forks against the shifter drums and wore them out
I did have the add on but the Kuyrakyn. The previous owner ran with the pivot bolt loosened so it would operate smoothly and not drag. I removed it and found no lube in it at all and the bushing was too long and would bind the shifter when the bolt was tight. I filed the bushing and lubed it and it worked fine. Last week a friend rode to the Smokeys with us on a new trike with 300 miles on it and he complained of having to pull the shifter back into position after shifting. I looked at it at the motel and found the same problem as mine had(his was new). I did the same for his as mine and it worked fine. I would be especially careful with any brand to be sure they are working properly. I do not know if add leverage of a h/t shifter will cause problems but the sticking shifter will.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts