GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/FONT
Been out here for 3 hours now trying to set up iPhone & CarPlay, I'm missing something.

·
Love The DCT
12,021 Posts
How are you going about it trying to set up your iPhone and CarPlay?

Take a look at page 86 in the owner's manual for pairing the rider and passenger headsets to the bike.
Take a look starting at page 92 for how to connect your iPhone/ipod/USB device.

You pair the helmet/s to the bike first, then plug in the iPhone to the USB connection using the Apple cable.

:doorag:

·
Registered
48 Posts
[/FONT
Been out here for 3 hours now trying to set up iPhone & CarPlay, I'm missing something.

Unpair everything
Pair headset to bike (headset must be paired to bike first)
Connect phone to bike via USB cable (NO bluetooth)

*In case you hear audio through the bikes speakers - Theres a button on the dash with a headset logo. That will route audio between the headset and bike speakers.

*If your headset wont stay paired try a firmware update

*My original headset (Nolan B4) was not compatable. I upgraded my headset and no issues.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Think most of us have been through that. Make sure your phone is unpaired from everything. Turn on headset first, then bike, then plug phone in phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not sure of everything you may have done, but I presume you've gone into the iPhone Settings->General->CarPlay to make sure the iPhone sees the Goldwing. Otherwise, as Murf points out, the Owner's manual describes what to do. My process for getting things going is to start the bike, turn on the headset, wait for the connections (in my case, I wait to hear three beeps), then plug the iPhone into the USB cable. Of course, this is assuming the devices are properly paired beforehand. Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quick Question? If you don't have headsets can you use the apple car play via of the bike speakers? I was not able to connect, it kept saying not connected to headsets. When I used the ipod setting the phone music plays.

·
Love The DCT
12,021 Posts
Quick Question? If you don't have headsets can you use the apple car play via of the bike speakers? I was not able to connect, it kept saying not connected to headsets. When I used the ipod setting the phone music plays.
Quoting from page 99 in the owner's manual.

"To use Apple Car Play, a headset connection is necessary."

:doorag:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nope! Silly that Honda built that criteria into the bike.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Make sure the setting you have is for the iPhone or CarPlay and NOT iPod..... Assuming the phone is paired to the bike. Make sure bike pushbutton setting is for headset and not speakers. Turn on headset. Start bike. Once you are receiving a bike radio station through the headset THEN pliug the iPhone into the USB cable. Give it a couple of seconds and the CarPlay screen will come up..... providing you have cell coverage in the location you are trying to do this.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Think maybe my problem is the Sena 20 Evo, can't get bike to recognize Sena. Also tried pairing my Sena to my friends SRL and couldn't get them to pair. Calling Sena tomorrow

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Make sure the setting you have is for the iPhone or CarPlay and NOT iPod..... Assuming the phone is paired to the bike. Make sure bike pushbutton setting is for headset and not speakers. Turn on headset. Start bike. Once you are receiving a bike radio station through the headset THEN pliug the iPhone into the USB cable. Give it a couple of seconds and the CarPlay screen will come up..... providing you have cell coverage in the location you are trying to do this.
You may have something there, when I go through source it says IPOD, how do I change that. Sorry for being a little thick.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You may have something there, when I go through source it says IPOD, how do I change that. Sorry for being a little thick.
Go into the Audio Sub Menu to switch from iPod to CarPlay. See page 79 in the manual.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CarPlay

Go into the Audio Sub Menu to switch from iPod to CarPlay. See page 79 in the manual.
All is good, got it working, it was my bad for not following instructions:nerd:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts