GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a bag that sits on the rear seat so I can carry a few more things when solo travelling. What bags work best on a Wing?
Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a T-Bag helmat bag model that fit well on the luggage rack a bike I used to have, but it doesn't work well on the back seat of the GL. That's why I'm looking for recommendations of what has worked well for others so I don't waste time ordering and returning.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Google: Nelson Rigg Goldwing GWS-500

I've used one for 3 years. Absolutely the best !

Even with the Utopia...fits like a glove.

If you want photos of mine and how the straps simply connect around the grab rails...just shout.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Saddleman makes a bag for the rear set of the GL1800, it also doubles as a backrest..

·
Registered
544 Posts
Don't get the Kury Ultra Tour bag. Doesn't fit the seat very well and I had the strap/buckle assemble fail due to poor sewing of the strap onto the buckle. And of course Kury, in thier usual level of customer service told me to go pound sand when I tried to get a new strap for my 3 week old, $130 bag.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Saddlemen BR4100 - looks like a cuxtom make for the GL1800, 67 liters, 4100 cu in of storage, insulated side pouches, accessory straps on top, rigid construction to allow leaning against it, better when it is packed with stuff. The bag fills the rear seat restricting trunk opening, so I leave my day stuff in the accessible bags and use the trunk for items I want before or after the ride.

Good luck on your search.
Blurider

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just got this one in from WingStuff for $34. Haven't used it yet on my trip but seems heavy duty out of the box for the price.

http://wingstuff.com/search_list.php?searchval=WSRACKBAG&x=0&y=0
I've got this bag and have used it for about 50,000 miles of riding. I like it a lot. It's well made, and easy to quickly attach and detach with the velcro straps. My only complaint is it has faded to a dark grey from being in the sun so much on my trips. I recommend it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Google: Nelson Rigg Goldwing GWS-500

I've used one for 3 years. Absolutely the best !

Even with the Utopia...fits like a glove.

If you want photos of mine and how the straps simply connect around the grab rails...just shout.
This bag is what I have. It fits perfectly and it expands. It holds quite a bit of stuff too. I think they were just on sale for ~$79.00 at HLD (our sponsor). I'm not sure if they still are.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

For a quick and simple seat bag I have been using an ordinary trunk rack bag. It gives me a little more room to stash stuff.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My seat bag is a Samsonite hard bag that is made to be a carry on bag. It has
a popup handle and wheels. Being a hard bag it is water proof and only needs
one strap to hold it on. It my not look cool on a motorcycle but it is the best bag I have seen yet to go on a seat.It is also the same bag I use on planes and trips in the car.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I've had the Nelson Riggs 500 for about 5 years. I would highly recommend it. Holds a lot of stuff and stays put on the rear seat, No movement at all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts