GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a TV commercial for Pledge. They actually said,... "it's great for polishing motorcycles".

WOW, just around the corner, Honda will be promoting CAR TIRES for Gold Wings! :bow: I'm sure of it. :thumbup:
thecruiser

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
But they are right. I've been using it for years works great I even carry a can on road trips for cleaning the bugs off the shield

Just don't use the orange attracts wasps like crazy( don't ask how I know)

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But they are right. I've been using it for years works great I even carry a can on road trips for cleaning the bugs off the shield

How do you k... nevermind :cool:
thecruiser

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Just wait, ducbob will be here shortly to tell you the evils of using it...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah ......... not so much though.
I find it's sort'a blotchy on dark colors, and you have to buff a lot more than most detailers to get rid of the blotches.

I think running tractor ag. tires on my scoots is da bomb.
Much better traction for those two wheeled mud pulls, and way better performance on hill climbs.

Yup .... nothing like being on a Wing with the stereo blasting, heated seat heating, and my lady polishing the chrome and operating the Lizard lights from the back seat ...... all without even spilling a drop of gin and tonic on our color coordinated riding silks (out of our 34 oz Butler Cups) as we summit "the wall" at Carnegie Cycle park!! :)

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Pledge works to polish/wax your parts, and won't hurt anything. Just remember it is funiture polish, and thus doesn't contain the UV protectant that motorcycle specific polishes contain, and will wash/wear off off a bit sooner too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I always thought Lemon Pledge was the default polish for the yellow Wings.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Same here, love the stuff. There is an multi surface pledge, that I swer works even better.

P.S. I do not own any J and J stock:cool:

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Lemon Pledge is good, but, IMHO, not quite as good as some motorcycle specific cleaner/polish. I keep a can of it in the saddlebag for quick cleanups on the road because it's cheap and easy to find, but when I want to do a better job, I use the good stuff.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Guess I'm just confused ... :cry:

I use Pledge for cleaning/dusting furniture around the house and motorcycle and/or auto products for the bikes. :shrug:

·
Banned
3,711 Posts

New flavor Snail Scent for our brothers in BC .:thumbup:

( can be used as a dip " E H " )

I do use the Honda Brand regular flavor :cool::lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
New flavor Snail Scent for our brothers in BC .:thumbup:

( can be used as a dip " E H " )

You know Mr Kevin Fairy you really are a piece of work!!
Coming out of your hotbox cage just to insult some-one
and ruin some one else s perfectly good discussion

You really need to get a job and a life!!!!

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
You know Mr Kevin Fairy you really are a piece of work!!
Coming out of your hotbox cage just to insult some-one
and ruin some one else s perfectly good discussion

You really need to get a job and a life!!!!

Name calling is a violation and can be a cause of ban hammer :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
You guys using a polish intended for furniture will crash and burn if you don't switch immediately to a polish designated for motorcycles! Why, don't you know that the engineers at Honda know a lot more about the finish on your motorcycles than you do? Don't you trust the marketing people for motorcycle-specific products more than those for J&J? Don't you care for your SO and family? Wow! First tires designed for cars, and now polish designed for furniture! :shock:

I just carry a pouch of the wipes in the saddlebag for emergencies.:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys using a polish intended for furniture will crashand burn if you don't switch immediately to a polish designated for motorcycles! Why, don't you know that the engineers at Honda know a lot more about the finish on your motorcycles than you do? Don't you trust the marketing people for motorcycle-specific products more than those for J&J? Don't you care for your SO and family? Wow! First tires designed for cars, and now polish designed for furniture! :shock:

I just carry a pouch of the wipes in the saddlebag for emergencies.:thumbup:
DANG, didn't k now that...:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I read somewhere that Pledge has silicon and no wax. Therefore you can't apply too much of it because it won't build up like wax. I've been using Pledge for years on my bikes. I tried it on my black van and it smeared terribly and was difficult to rub to a shine. Perhaps the paint is different on the van than the motorcycles.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts