GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a plug change today old ones had about 25,000 on them and the gap went from .040 to.046.Never could tell any difference stock ngk bike seem to run good and fuel milage stayed the same.

·
Vendor
17,359 Posts
That's exactly what should happen. If there was any noticeable improvement, that means the plugs should have been changed long ago. The same is true with most maintenance items on a GL1800. There are a few exceptions, an example of such would be a valve adjustment.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I changed the plugs in my 2005 at 87,000 and they looked fine and ran good. Just felt like doing it. Has 103,200 on it now. This winter has been horrable here and my pal "Art" ritus sets in in the cold.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I Changed out my last set of Champion Iridium with NGK Iridiums. No noticeable wear.
That's exactly what should happen. If there was any noticeable improvement, that means the plugs should have been changed long ago. The same is true with most maintenance items on a GL1800. There are a few exceptions, an example of such would be a valve adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts