GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has or will come up with a plug to use on the 06 bikes so your heated grips will work with an after market seat on it. I have had 3 back surgery,s and can not use the stock seat but ride most of the winter here in Tn. I stay pretty warm except for my hands. I need the grips to work . I can put the stock seat back on for the winter and just riding to work(22 miles) but I really don,t want to. Help please!!
[/img]

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
I'm looking for the same answer! Haven't seen anything available yet.

Hey Lewis, you listening? :wink:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Hey Red!........"It's Florida.....expect sweat"! :D

I'm still laughing over that one!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
LTV13 said:
Who has or will come up with a plug to use on the 06 bikes so your heated grips will work with an after market seat on it. I have had 3 back surgery,s and can not use the stock seat but ride most of the winter here in Tn. I stay pretty warm except for my hands. I need the grips to work . I can put the stock seat back on for the winter and just riding to work(22 miles) but I really don,t want to. Help please!!
[/img]
You can't put on EC heated grips on an 06?

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
steve s said:
Hey Red!........"It's Florida.....expect sweat"! :D

I'm still laughing over that one!! :lol: :lol:
Hey, what can I say! LOL...

I have OEM heated seats I can't use because I use a Hartco custom seat. :? I have a GSP I don't have a clue how to operate. :? If I could, I would at least like to get some use out of the heated grips if I ever need them. :banghead:

Hoping to head for NE Tn next week. I'll probably need them then! :(

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I'm refering to the guy that wanted to be able to ride his bike for 30 minutes in FL somewhere and not get his head wet (sweaty).

I thought that was a very appropriate response......"It's Florida.....Expect Sweat" You should add that to your sig.

:lol:

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
steve s said:
I'm refering to the guy that wanted to be able to ride his bike for 30 minutes in FL somewhere and not get his head wet (sweaty).

:lol:
I thought that was what you were talking about. I also thought it was very funny that someone was worried about getting hot riding a motorcycle in Florida. Go Figure! LOL....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really did not want to buy new grips when I bought a new bike to get heated grips and can not use them because I have a Diamond seat on my bike Only Honda would link the handle bars to the seat. But I still like my Gold wing And want to ride it So some body that is smarter than me can work this out. ( I hope)????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts