GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a headlight modulator. Question. Since with the handle bars turned to the stop I can see the plug on the back of the headlights on my '06, is it possible to install the plug in type modulator without removing the headlights? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes that is possible. I put mine on the bright bulbs so I can shut it off by dimming the lights. You need to pull the fairing pockets to do this.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only have one fairing pocket, but I can see and reach the headlight plugs with the wheel turned to the stop. Please explain why you pulled the pockets.

Thanks,

·
Registered
788 Posts
kg5ie said:
I only have one faring pocket, but I can see and reach the headlight plugs with the wheel turned to the stop. Please explain why you pulled the pockets.

Thanks,
You cannot see the backs of the high beam lights without pulling the left and right side fairing pockets. The lights that you are seeing are the low beam lights.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks. Guess nothing is as easy as you hope it will be. Now I have to figure out how to get the headlight adjust/preload switch panel off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts