GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hooking up my xm radio the other day. I connected it through the auxiliary plug under the left glove box. I noticed another plug in the rubber boot with it. Can anyone tell me what that plug is?

Joseph

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Probably the 12vdc power if it was the same type as the aux but had only two wires.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you can take a pic and post it I would like to see it to give me ideas in AUX power stuff, Thanks

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
There are two plugs under the left box, one is the aux audio input and the other is 12 volt DC

·
Registered
282 Posts
ElBando said:
There are two plugs under the left box, one is the aux audio input and the other is 12 volt DC
I was missing the plugs so thats another plug I have to get. :x

·
Registered
141 Posts
This thread could be of some help to me. I'm fitting some Electrical Connection driving lights (the LEDs) and the instructions say to plug the supply into the 4 pin plug in the rubber boot that's behind the left hand fairing switch panel.... except that my 06 European spec bike does not have this boot or 4 pin plug. Therefore is there anything to stop me using the aux power supply under the left glove box to drive the LED lamps. I know that the polarity has to be correct for LEDs to function.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
What amp load do the LED lamps require? You probably could use that plug but first check and see what type of fuse protects it. I don't think it is very high amp.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The wiring loom supplied with the lights has a 2 amp fuse incorporated. Would this suggest that the aux power supply would be up to the job?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I would think you are alright. I use an airpump that pulls 5 amps on that circuit and have no problem. If the LEDs only have a 2 amp fuse that is not much draw at all. I don't know anything of European bikes, do they still have the same 12 volt DC batteries as in the US?

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
The AUX input and ACC power connection plugs under the LH pocket look like this:

The White plug is the AUX input connector and the Red 3-position connector (with only two wires) is the ACC power connector. This plug is served by the 15A audio/ACC power fuse (#21) that shares power with many other devices.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Twinsbampy , the acc plug is not meant for driving the road lights even if there led which is less amp draw You should install the ec power block for all acc. and then it will be safe the wiring loom on the bike isn't large enough, also best to hook up to a relay and order the Honda switch for the left side panel, Lewis has these also. talk to lewis at E. C. he will be of great help if You can't figure it out I'd be glad to help I've hooked up many
[email protected]

Lewis at E.C. is http://www.electricalconnection.com

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for all your advice folks. I reckon I'll err on the side of caution and wire 'em via a relay. The bike is new to me so I'm poking around in the dark so to speak.
Time to go, I'm on the wrong forum for this topic.

G

·
Predatorxx wrote:
I was missing the plugs so thats another plug I have to get.
On the 2006 GL1800 the aux input recepticle was standard however the 12 Volt recepticle was an option. Of course both wiring and plug ends were there you just had to purchase and install the 12V recepticle.

·
Registered
135 Posts
twinsbampy said:
This thread could be of some help to me. I'm fitting some Electrical Connection driving lights (the LEDs) and the instructions say to plug the supply into the 4 pin plug in the rubber boot that's behind the left hand fairing switch panel.... except that my 06 European spec bike does not have this boot or 4 pin plug. Therefore is there anything to stop me using the aux power supply under the left glove box to drive the LED lamps. I know that the polarity has to be correct for LEDs to function.
I INSTALLED THE SHOW CHROME FOG LIGHTS ON MY 07 WING AND HAD TO PLUG THEM INTO THE PLUG BEHIND THE LEFT SIDE PANEL. IT WAS HARD TO FIND, I HAD TO PULL ON ALL THE WIRES, IT WAS BURIED BENEATH ALL THE WIRING, BUT IT WAS THERE.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts