GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Man, it's bad. This may be the worst PMS I've ever had.

It's single-digit cold here in Wisconsin; the Packers didn't make the playoffs, and if I watch the Super Bowl I'll have to watch the dad-gum Bears play some other team from an alien league that never came to Green Bay. AFC? What's that? Is it like KFC? Alabama Fried Chicken? Alaska Frozen Crabs? Doesn't sound like a football league to me.

My water heater sprung a leak and had to be replaced. The new water heater cost about $3.58 more that the GPS I'd saved up for. One of the tires on my car is also starting to leak.

I gave my snowblower to my son because he bought a new house and can't afford to buy a snowblower, then as soon as my son's truck disappears down the street, the guy who was going to plow my driveway calls to say he's moving to AZ next week.

Other than work I've got little to do except look at the internet, catch up on reading and poke my head into the garage to stare at my 'Wing once in a while. Nothing. Nasa. Nunca. Bupkus. Zip. Zero.

Man, this PMS is killin' me.

My mind has shut down. All I can think of is meaningless questions, like which is best? Pepperoni or sausage? Chicago-style or thin crust? Labradors or Airdales? Who was smarter, Barney or Gomer?

Someone called here last night and the caller ID said it was a blocked number. The caller said his name was Stephen Hawking and asked if I REALLY knew what time it is. I said yes, and a strange, mechanical voice said that I didn't, and neither did anyone else, then hung up.

I make up jokes that nobody understands, like: How many feminists does it take to screw in a light bulb? None, feminists don't screw. I crack myself up! The dog is looking at me with a strange expression. The voices tell me to ignore the dog. The voices always know.

Man, I'm dyin' of PMS. It's tearing out my soul.

Why are people so angry about global warming? If there is such a thing, it hasn't gotten to my neighborhood yet. It's probably some hioty-toity trendy thing that's anly available on the east and west coasts. I need some global warming NOW! Dammit!

Did you know Johnny Cash's real name was actually Joey Credit? True. They made him change it when he signed his first recording contract.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
I would suggest you find some moderately technical twisty motorcycle road videos to watch about three feet away from a 51" Plasma HDTV with your favorite road tunes on about 3/4 volume of what 350 watts a channel can give you.

It won't stop the PMS but have a very profound spacial disorientation for a short period of time.

Bradford

·
Registered
562 Posts
Having spent some time in Alaska...do not ask why a Navy guy was in Alaska, I learned about SAD. I suspect your PMS is augmented or enhanced by SAD creating a new condition called SADASS.
Prefered treatment is a long ride in the sun. In absence of this try; getting a sunlamp, a hurricane fan, and your favorite riding tunes. Adjourn to the garage, play the tunes, gear up and direct the fan full frontal on the bike with the sunlamp at 45 to 90 degrees from front of bike. Now mount up and think of past rides while feeling the wind hit your helmet and the light warm you up. DO NOT RIDE TOWARD THE LIGHT!

Seriously, I feel for you from those years in Alaska...could not even ride there for many reasons...never even saw a bike where I was! Read some touring mags and hold on....spring will come, sooner if the Global Warming eggs have it right!

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Biker Mike , I can confirm that Global warming is a pharmaceutical phenomena designed to drive guys like us nutttttttttssssssssssssss!!
Then they can take away the Wing to pay for all the meds we are going to need to go insane ! :twisted:

Seriously we want global warming, we want global warming, we want... anybody know a Sun dance :?:

Snowing here , still getting colder, 6" snow on the ground ........ :eek:4:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
BikerMike said:
Man, it's bad. This may be the worst PMS I've ever had.

It's single-digit cold here in Wisconsin; the Packers didn't make the playoffs, and if I watch the Super Bowl I'll have to watch the dad-gum Bears play some other team from an alien league that never came to Green Bay. AFC? What's that? Is it like KFC? Alabama Fried Chicken? Alaska Frozen Crabs? Doesn't sound like a football league to me.

My water heater sprung a leak and had to be replaced. The new water heater cost about $3.58 more that the GPS I'd saved up for. One of the tires on my car is also starting to leak.

I gave my snowblower to my son because he bought a new house and can't afford to buy a snowblower, then as soon as my son's truck disappears down the street, the guy who was going to plow my driveway calls to say he's moving to AZ next week.

Other than work I've got little to do except look at the internet, catch up on reading and poke my head into the garage to stare at my 'Wing once in a while. Nothing. Nasa. Nunca. Bupkus. Zip. Zero.

My mind has shut down. All I can think of is meaningless questions, like which is best? Pepperoni or sausage? Chicago-style or thin crust? Labradors or Airdales? Who was smarter, Barney or Gomer?

Someone called here last night and the caller ID said it was a blocked number. The caller said his name was Stephen Hawking and asked if I REALLY knew what time it is. I said yes, and a strange, mechanical voice said that I didn't, and neither did anyone else, then hung up.

I make up jokes that nobody understands, like: How many feminists does it take to screw in a light bulb? None, feminists don't screw. I crack myself up! The dog is looking at me with a strange expression. The voices tell me to ignore the dog. The voices always know.

Man, I'm dyin' of PMS. It's tearing out my soul.

Why are people so angry about global warming? If there is such a thing, it hasn't gotten to my neighborhood yet. It's probably some hioty-toity trendy thing that's anly available on the east and west coasts. I need some global warming NOW! Dammit!

Did you know Johnny Cash's real name was actually Joey Credit? True. They made him change it when he signed his first recording contract.

1. American Football Conference, 2. 435.28, 3.Left Rear, 4.Ask Neighbor for his snow blower He's moving anyway, 5. Change crush washer, 6. pepperoni, 7. thincrust, 8. 11:09. Oh crap I thought this was a quiz, never mind.... :? :roll: :a13:

·
Registered
525 Posts
You guys are missing the point about Global Warming. Global Warming is unique in that it only produces weather changes you don't like. Therefore, if you want snow to ski on and you don't get any -- it's Global Warming. But, if you are snowed in, freezing and dying of PMS -- yep, Global Warming is responsible. If you are in a flood, that is caused by Global Warming but, if you are a farmer and it hasn't rained in two years -- blame Global Warming.

In short, Global Warming is the ultimate political issue. If I am a politician who wants to stop Global Warming it simply means that whatever you are experiencing that you don't like will be solved by voting for me. I would run on this myself, but I am afraid I might be elected. Being a politician in Washington would only be desirable if my doctor told me I only had 6 months to live. I wouldn't live any longer, but sitting and listening to politicians all day would certainly be the longest six months I ever spent. Hmmmm. ..... something like 6 months of PMS.

In any event, remember Al Gore's speech in N.Y. at a Global Warming conference? Worst blizzard in 50 years and here's Al pronouncing the doom of Global Warming. Al just don't have no luck at all. Reminds me of this guy. Anyone know his name?

BTW, that portable cloud? Global Warming.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
tourman
Only two words can help you ----- JACK DANIELS
Did somebody say Jack Daniels? I know how much that warms me up. Especially when it has been in the teens here in MD and the forecast is for more of it.

Biker Mike, I understand, and since I know how much Jack Daniels warms me up, I thought I would share with you as well. Sure hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Biker Mike, it could be worse. If you lived in Michigan you would have the Detroit Lions for your home team. If that wouldn't make you sick nothing would. LOL's

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Yeah.. i understand what you are saying.. I won't be able to ride until
this friday.. forecast for Friday Feb 2nd --- 65 degrees and sunny.. :p

cosmic

·
Registered
379 Posts
WOW.... and I thought I had a bad case of PMS! Biker Mike you got me beat by a mile. Maybe go out to the garage (it is heated I hope) and change fork oil, or replace the rear spring and fill the shock actuator up all the way so it starts moaning at 0 instead of 9. How about a valve adjustment? I feel for you but spring will soon be here and you will be OK ..... till next winter.

Pap

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Nice re-play of the babe Wheels. :wink: 8)
I left the house this mornin' with a windchill of probably 25-28 degrees, turned the heated grips all the way up, turned up the Sirius on Buzzsaw and cruised to my place of toture/employment. :roll: A bit brisk but keeps me sane and my Boss (retired Marine Gunny :wink: ) likes me sane and in a slighty nasty mood with the trainin' audience. :lol:
Tomoorow wet and cold so it's back to the truck. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts