GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lid lift on my used 1993 Elite does not hold it open. Does anyone have the specs on a replacement. The numbers on mine are: Suspa 243 C16-11633. It is charged under high pressure and takes a lot of force to close the rod but when it is on the trailer it does not hold the lid open.

·
Registered
581 Posts
those items can be found at local auto parts stores. just take your sample with you..

·
Registered
748 Posts
gas springs

I sent an email to Suspa asking for the current number, since the 11633 is not in their current catalog.

Will advise their answer.

If you find one at the autoparts, please let us know mfg and number.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
lift

I had the same problem ordered it direct from company 15.00 bucks Escapade wanted 60 dollars for the set.

·
Registered
748 Posts
struts

SUSPA'S ANSWER:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding C16-11633. We do not stock
replacements for this cylinder, but we can build ones for you. The cost
for 2 cylinders will be $50.00 each and the lead time is 2-3 weeks.
Please let me know what other questions you may have.

Best regards,

Penny Drougal
Sales Administrator, Gas Springs and Dampers

SUSPA, Inc.
3970 Roger B. Chaffee Mem. Dr. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49548-3497
Phone (616) 252-1441
Fax (616) 531-3310
pdrougal @suspa-inc.com
Internet www.suspa.com

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Shocks

I needed lid new shocks for my Aluma, found this guy on eBay and contacted him. He can supply just about any shock needed. I just gave him the numbers off mine and he supplied the correct ones. 16.95 for the pair.
contact is Steve, [email protected]

·
Registered
748 Posts
air struts

OK< I sent an email to Steve asking if he can supply the Suspa units and at what cost. Will advise if he get back to me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
air struts

3 days, and no answer from Steve.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Shocks

Hmm, as I recall he was slow answering mine also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cylinder Replacement

A couple of years ago I had to replace the Suspa shock on the camper shell on my pickup. I took the shock down to the parts house and it was also now obsolete. On your shock next to the part #, should be a reference indicating if it is a 35lb, 40lb cylinder etc.

If you can find a cylinder that matches in length closed and open, and yours is a 35 lbs cylinder, buy the 40 lb cyclinder. (40-45)

I installed the 40 lb cyclinder on the shell and it worked great. If it doesn't work make sure you can return it to the parts store. This approach might be cheaper than Suspa building you special replacements. :yes1:

Good luck.

Chuck - Idaho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts