Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PNW 2.5 mile Mountain Run route poll

Let's see if we can pick a route for this ride.
If you choose "other" please post what other is

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the other 2.5 theard to see the routes
I do not know how to post them here:shrug:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I chose Bill's Oregon route (or some variation thereof).

I spent quite a few months this year working in NE Oregon (Boardman, near Hermiston), so I rode most of Tim's route about once a week.

Rich's route in BC looks interesting, but I think to do that justice, we'd need to dedicate a little more time to it and his Northern Idaho route is very similar to what we did a few years ago.

S

·
0 Posts
I chose Bill's Oregon route (or some variation thereof).

Same

Rich's route in BC looks interesting, but I think to do that justice, we'd need to dedicate a little more time to it and his Northern Idaho route is very similar to what we did a few years ago.
Jon to be honest the HS route is one fantastic H*ll of a ride , it would go down in the memory books for sure , heck maybe when Jeff Kelton gets back in the fall we could go for it then .

Yes the N ID route is similar , with a few changes , but I thought maybe we would actually be able to see where we were going this year and could leave the boats at home . ;)

I did end up voting for Bill's route , he is my Hero:bow: , so I want to follow him .:trike: :joke::excited:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I choose Tim's route because of the new job I do not have any Vac. time untill next Sep. :cry: and I can get to Ellensburg after work on Fri night :shrug:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
For the record, the back 1/2 of my route does not look like that depicted. Rather it is described in the 2.5 mile thread and covers about 1/2 of Bills. However, whatever everyone wants to do is what it will be. Let's ride.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Although Tim's route offers a nice two day excursion with lots of options and ends up back near home for most of us, Bill's route would take us to places we haven't seen for a while. And we can do some other nice rides while we are out of there.

I suggest we meet in Pendleton or Hermiston Friday night as a more central location and for ease of "getting there"; ride Bill's loop Saturday, ending where we start, and take part of Tim's route on Sunday. For some of us that would be along the scenic route in the Columbia gorge on our way home; for some it would be norht on other backroads.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I like the idea of staying two nights in Pendleton - saves making reservations. No problem running the route backward - forward - partly - with options. New (long) route is 405 miles with options to cut it down to 350 or 300 - starting and ending in Pendleton.

Now - any suggestions for a motel in Pendleton???

Added URL for map viewing.
http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=45dfj17h

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Here is a possible location for accommodations:

Super 8 Motel
www.super8.com
601 S.E Nye Avenue
Pendleton, OR 97801
(541) 276-8881
Get directions
More information »

I'm working on some "loops" out of Pendleton and Bill has a very nice one to post . . . there are some really bitchin ways to get there, and to get home, too!

Now, were we gonna meet to eat on Friday????

I had a nice little 450 mile ride this weekend . . . for a winter work party:

Half the ride was in 28 degrees, half in 38, but the roads were DRY!!!

·
Registered
4,563 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Okay Dayle,

Tell me you didn't break a fork spring! (Or is that something else?) Also, with those two in the picture with you, did you make sure you had all your tools before you left?????;)

Paul H.

PS. So that this isn't a total hijack-- I like the routes Bill put up as well. C'mon May!!

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Nah, the spring came out of the trike; the only bike we didn't do a complete set on, go figure. Probably from Harry jumping those sand-dunes. We also put some nicely machined new caps on it to get even more ground clearance . . .

And replaced bushing in the trike and Jeff's forks . . .

It was just as fun as the last party tho not as big. We need to do something every winter to ward off all this darn global warming!

As you can see, we worked vewy, vewy hard . . .

And, yes we kept a tight rein on all of Jeff's tools. I thought about taking my little screwdriver over for a visit, but was afraid I wouldn't get it back until Spring!!! :p

(It's not a hijack if it's about bikes and we talk about it on the ride, right?)

1 - 20 of 556 Posts