GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidently closed the right fairing pocket door without the cable attached. Is there a trick to open the door, "without" a big honkin screw driver?

Dale
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Pocket door trick.

Funny you should post tthis problem as I did the same thing two days ago.
Get a small piece of stiff wire and bend one end 90 degrees. Lightly pry up each corner under the lid and use the wire to push in the center of the pins that retain the pocke. Once the pins are pressed the pocket will lift out when the door hinges outward. After that just simply release the catch and reinstall with the cable atachhed this time.
Been there, done that. :oops:
 

·
Chard Member
Joined
·
13,051 Posts
Re: Pocket door trick.

Jak said:
Funny you should post tthis problem as I did the same thing two days ago.
Get a small piece of stiff wire and bend one end 90 degrees. Lightly pry up each corner under the lid and use the wire to push in the center of the pins that retain the pocke. Once the pins are pressed the pocket will lift out when the door hinges outward. After that just simply release the catch and reinstall with the cable atachhed this time.
Been there, done that. :oops:
That only works on the 01's. Later models have two pins and two screws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
If you are still working the problem, here is what worked for me. The trick is hitting the latch with the point. A mirror may help also.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
Fred's videos warned about this. Thank goodness I bought Fred's videos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Patriot said:
Fred's videos warned about this. Thank goodness I bought Fred's videos.
It only took one time for me to find a solution. If the cable falls into the pocket it will be forgotten. Here is my solution.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
Tater said:
Patriot said:
Fred's videos warned about this. Thank goodness I bought Fred's videos.
It only took one time for me to find a solution. If the cable falls into the pocket it will be forgotten. Here is my solution.

Good advice!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top