GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that Garmin has a free utility to load POIs. Has anyone created a file that shows Honda dealers ? [apart from the one on the built in Navi system]
TIA

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bulldog said:
I believe that "Ron Bien" from this board has acomplished this daunting feat.
I did a search on Ron Bien but came up empty.

Do you by any chance have an email ?
TIA

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Has anyone come up with a way to add the Honda bike dealers to an iWay as POIs instead of waypoints?

Thanks,
David M.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know which they are but the site listed in the thread looks like it has POI for Lowrance

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Any points loaded via a .usr data load is only loaded in your waypoint file. If we only allowed 1,000 to begin with and the dealers list is what, 1200?, then we have a problem there. Not to mention that simply administering those would be an onerous proposition.

Logically, the proper place for POI's is the POI set, not our limited functionaliity waypoint set.

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I could test this by simply loading them if I know how to delete them all if the results are as we expect. procedure would be simple: 1) save current waypoints and routes via 'data save' command; 2. load the bike dealers list via 'data load' command; 3. open the waypoint list via 'find' command and see if they appeared there. What I don't know is how to get rid of them (or all?) then reload my original set.

David M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts