GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use prescription Polarized sunglasses when riding my Wing, and sometimes have problems at gas pumps or some credit card machines when trying to see where to sign. I cannot see the screen on SOME of these machines when using Polarized glasses.

Is the Garmi Zumo easy to read, even when wearing the polarized glasses. ?

I am considering getting a Zumo 450, as I don't use bluetooth etc, but need to know whether or not I will be able to read the screen with my polarized glasses on. I cannot find a store locally that sells the Zumo, to be able to check it out myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Harry.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
In the right light conditions, yes you might have trouble see the screen clearly. I have transition lens glasses and wear a tinted face shield and sometimes have a hard time when the sun hits the Zumo just right. This usually occurs when the sun is behind the bike. When I wear the clear shield, it's not that bad.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you John. I was expecting something like that, and may need to get a different set of sun glasses ( prescription).
Thanks for the feedback.

Harry.

Hang in there Bev, you can do it !!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Harry, I use transition lens glasses also, I got the glarestomper from Jon at http://www.goldwinggadgets.com/SunShades.htm that I use on my Zumo 550. I have found only a few times that I couldn’t see the screen clearly.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I use prescription Polarized sunglasses when riding my Wing, and sometimes have problems at gas pumps or some credit card machines when trying to see where to sign. I cannot see the screen on SOME of these machines when using Polarized glasses.

Is the Garmi Zumo easy to read, even when wearing the polarized glasses. ?

I am considering getting a Zumo 450, as I don't use bluetooth etc, but need to know whether or not I will be able to read the screen with my polarized glasses on. I cannot find a store locally that sells the Zumo, to be able to check it out myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Harry.
Yes. I only wear polarized sunglasses and believe the Zumo has a fairly wide viewing area.

The biggest problem I have with viewing the Zumo is sunlight washing out the display. I bought a hood but there are times during the day when I have to block the sun from reaching the display so I can see what's displayed.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you k9cop, and ldr_doug, for the info. It does help to know that other members are using the same type of glasses and seem to cope OK.

Now all I need is to find the Zumo 450 at a good price!! LOL.

Harry.

·
Registered
330 Posts
We have the same problem with the garmin 2670 that we use. Polarized glasses make it very difficult to read but itis fine with mytransition bifocal lenses. Most of the time there is so little sun up here that we don't need any type of sunglass

getting old isn't great but its better than the alternative

anyone know how polarized glasses are with the built in gps on the wing

good riding

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback, Ghostrider357. I'm looking for a Zumo 450 at a good 'discontinued' price, and now realise that I may need to get a different type of prescription sunglasses.

Hang in there BEV, you can do it !!

Harry.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm not so sure that you need to change your sunglasses, Harryco. I use a 450 and I use polarized sunglasses. Also, my helmet (HJC) has a dropdown tinted visor. The only time I have trouble seeing the Zumo is when I use both the polarized glasses AND the visor at the same time. If I remove one or the other, I've never had an undue problem reading the Zumo. Obviously in direct sunlight on the screen it's more difficult. But that's the way it is regardless of polarized sunglasses or not.
Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks rvdriver44. I hope that I find the original precription lens' fine, and guess the best way to find out is to try them on the Zumo before buying new ones.
Thanks for the feedback.

Hang in there BEV, you can do it!!

Harry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts