GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A biker i was talking to from FLA. got a ticket for a ct on his bike when stoped for no tale light. Policeman said it was for inproper use on a motor vehical. Has anyone heard of this befour?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Never heard of such a thing... Sounds like a bit of over-reaching on the part of an officer. Keep us posted. :evil:

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
Like to see paper work little smoke comin out exhaust on this imop most cops dont look or care - unless bald tire

·
Registered
393 Posts
A biker i was talking to from FLA. got a ticket for a ct on his bike when stoped for no tale light. Policeman said it was for inproper use on a motor vehical. Has anyone heard of this befour?
Sounds like the LEO just didn't like bikers of any kind.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Car tires on a bike go back to the early days of two wheel motorized cycles, since they became too heavy for a bicycle tire.

My neighbor had car tires on his HD when I was in high school, back in the day.

Im not buying this one.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I know this guy that.......I heard that...........did you know that..........

Ya know, it is BS.

Tell ya what, post up some true and informative information on this and maybe we will say you are right.

Otherwise it is just more naysayer BS.

Rumors, BS, and bye the way, they voided his insurance too. At least that is what I heard.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Right ?!

Wisconsin State Patrol stopped me a few months back for speeding. We chatted about car tire and he was interested on one for is road king. He jotted down my phone number and I suspect he will call me next month,as he told me he should need tires by mid August :nojoke: He did also tell me to slow it down a bit as he handed me warning ticket.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Yep happens all the time! What tail light was out there are only 4 on a GW some have more

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Yep happens all the time! What tail light was out there are only 4 on a GW some have more
There's a very good point :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Whew!!! glad he didn't stop me,he would have wrote me up for a ct,,and a copper crush washer:eek:4:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Now look here you. Lol!

You are not supposed to notice such things, you are to simply believe. What is wrong with you anyway. :roll:

Very few bikes can use a CT. Certainly not a Harley, nor a BMW, a few others are using them.

But I assume on a Wing forum, it would be a wing.

You are noticing way too much ............:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Imagine that!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
My cousins twin brothers girlfriends uncles second wife had a boyfriend once that got pulled over for the same thing back in 68!

·
Registered
196 Posts
:agree:
I know this guy that.......I heard that...........did you know that..........

Ya know, it is BS.

Tell ya what, post up some true and informative information on this and maybe we will say you are right.

Otherwise it is just more naysayer BS.

Rumors, BS, and bye the way, they voided his insurance too. At least that is what I heard.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
They should have given him a ticket for not having the "darkside" sticker! :wrong:

Can't have "posers" running around on CT's out there! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I actually got a ticket on a Yamaha FZ6. The nice officer said "you have a headlight out". I explained that one was for low beam and the other was for the high beam. And besides, Missouri law only requires "a" headlight. Got the ticket, anyway. Immediately went to the Police station and pleaded my case. I gave them the ticket, and they apologized.

People make mistakes. Cops are people, too.

;)

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Never heard of such a thing... Sounds like a bit of over-reaching on the part of an officer. Keep us posted. :evil:
The officer is probably one of the NAYSAYERS on this forum!:thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Yeah and I knew a guy whos GF thought he was a priest.She kept yelling "Farther In" when they had sex.:eek:4:

I'd look at the LEO and say.Show me where it says for "Automible use only" Or "Not for Motorcycle use" stamped into it's sidewall,and you can write me the ticket.If not get your supervisior out here right now to educate you! :thumbup:

I'd dare the SOB to arrest me for refusing to sign the ticket.His city would be forking over some cash for his ignorance on tires..LOL

1 - 20 of 35 Posts