GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
"Busch Polish" provides a good shine! I've tried Mother's and a home made, Busch is better...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Polish.

Soap and Water? Sorry couldn't resist the urge.

Try some HondaBrite seems to work great for me. S100 cleaner should do fine as well.

I did see a product at the IMS in San Mateo last Dec, and darn if I can recall the name, which would clean and polish so well that they demo'd it on the bottom of a pepsi can (dull aluminum), and made it look like chrome. Supposedly one application lasted months. I'll try to do some research and see if I can't discover the product name. It was expensive.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Soap and Water? Sorry couldn't resist the urge.

Try some HondaBrite seems to work great for me. S100 cleaner should do fine as well.

I did see a product at the IMS in San Mateo last Dec, and darn if I can recall the name, which would clean and polish so well that they demo'd it on the bottom of a pepsi can (dull aluminum), and made it look like chrome. Supposedly one application lasted months. I'll try to do some research and see if I can't discover the product name. It was expensive.
Welcome to the forum!:lol::lol:

Money is never an issue with wing riders:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Boms Away?

Any comment on Boms Away Polish?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I too choose Busch products, I got into road salt on a week long trip by the time I was able to clean the wheels I thought they were permanitly damaged. But Busch products shined them up like they were chrome:lol:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Found a guy to powder coat my rims for 35.00 each........now they clean with no effort at all........... Had the originals done in silver to look like factory, and had a spare rear done in gloss black.....not sure if I like it or not, but it is very easy to clean...

He has caught on now, and charges like 50.00 plus per wheel which is still a heck of a deal compared to most places.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
One Grand Metal 300

http://www.onegrand.com/ogpprodspecmet300.html

Best stuff I've tried, and trust me, I've tried them all. I finally went chrome, which should actually save me money since I can stop trying different aluminum polishes.

I like this better than Buschs. It give a better shine easier, and cleans up easier afterwards.

Dave
GWBBA #9

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been using BOMS Away metal polish with very good results. It takes a little effort, but the rims look great. Powder coating would be my next solution.

Ray

1 - 20 of 28 Posts