GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of trying to get a funnel to work..
used an STP injector cleaner bottle
Threads don't match, but it screws in
AND, You do not have to hold it

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/show ... =1&thecat=

(some day I will figure out how to get a picture in here!)
Somebody send me an E mail showing the correct format
as it should look PLEASE ....Polish people over 60 have
difficulty following directions.....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Red, I forgot the .jpg

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thats a good idea. I just changed oil the other day and I always think about finding a better funnel. Yours just might be the one I was looking for. :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
What I've been using is a funnel for filling the AT on a car or truck. They've got an extension on the "pointy" end.

G

·
Here is a neat angled oil spout that screws onto your oil bottle (fits all) that makes it a piece of cake to pour a bottle of oil into your filler hole. The spout fits nicely inside the filler hole. Costs a couple bucks and even has a built in valve so you don't have to open it until it is in the hole.

Can't remember for sure, but I either got it at a NAPA auto parts store or a Sears Auto Center.

Ride safe. HAPPY TURKEY DAY, and give thanks for all our blessings as Americans.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Blento,

That is a nice lookin bottle of oil ya got there.

I might have something a little nicer for ya.

Send me your address and we can call it an early Xmas gift or Promo pay.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
IBTrike said:
Here is a neat angled oil spout that screws onto your oil bottle (fits all) that makes it a piece of cake to pour a bottle of oil into your filler hole. The spout fits nicely inside the filler hole. Costs a couple bucks and even has a built in valve so you don't have to open it until it is in the hole.

Can't remember for sure, but I either got it at a NAPA auto parts store or a Sears Auto Center.

Ride safe. HAPPY TURKEY DAY, and give thanks for all our blessings as Americans.

I have one of these and they work great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts