GL1800Riders Forums banner

How many miles do you ride your GW per week?

• do not ride weekly, only occasionally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to 100 miles per week

• 101 to 200 miles per week

• 201 to 300 miles per week

• 301 to 400 miles per week

• 401 plus miles per week (i.e need a divorce lawyer)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have Fun

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Doesn't Everyone Ride 500 Miles a Week? :D

Won't need a divorce lawyer, because She is with me most of the time!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hey Red,

Do you do seasonal rentals?....LOL

I said that I was going to be a good boy this year and not even mention the winter weather.

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Varies

Obviously living in Colorado where the weather can change at a moment's notice (folks were out riding a lot this past weekend), but today it is 20 degrees at my house and the snow in coming down. We are supposed to get 6-12 inches here by midnight. Sure is pretty, but obviously I'm staying inside (my doc would not want me out driving in this stuff).

As for miles, I average about 15-20k per year, but a lot of that comes from trips, plus I also put miles on my Valk (I guess 20k/year total is pretty close). Some weeks none -- some weeks a couple of thousand!!!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Cup of coffee say's you'll never make it dawg !

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yeah, what "they" said .... if it were above freezing, I'd be doing my standard 200+ miles per week (plus the occasional 1000 mile days to get to AK or TN or Alberta) .... but there's so much snow on the ground that my "average" is taking a hit! :x :evil: :x :evil:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Mine varies alot. It depends on work and all. I do not use it as a primary source of transportation.

Well welcome to the fellow SC rider. I live in Goose Creek, near Charleston, but my dad still has property up on Lake Marion. I have been thru Sumter, but it has been a many of years since I have.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on now, Bob.........

Bob,

Your weather bar shows 23 degrees........... Stop complaining, put some ice spikes on your wing and ride............ Im not getting any younger, dont know about you.

Ride Safe, but more importanly,................RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Post Script:

I rode 128 miles today...... yeah was cold but still cant get the grin off when on the wing.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Need to split poll into riding season/ winter segments

Because the riding season differs for different geographical areas splitting the poll makes sense. I have owned my Wing for 91 weeks to get to 30K, for 329.6 miles per week. Here in the northwest it rains enough that it's tough to average more than 100 per week unless you like water......a lot! :lol:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
too funny

:lol: Got me laughing loren, thanks for the lift!

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
When I first got my Wing I was working 25 miles away and riding quite a bit on the weekend. Now that work is only 2 miles away I have to do a lot of riding on the weekends to make up for it.

My Nitehawk was 2 years old with 60000 on it when I gave it to my brother. Only got 14000 on the wing with 14 months. Man that just makes be sad.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I picked up my new Wing on June 3rd of this last summer. As of Jan.1 of this year I have 12035 miles on it. That is easily over 400 miles per week. I have been working 7 days a week almost every week. It has been made notice to me by the wife what I do when I am not at work. :) :)

It will be fun to see how many miles will be on it by the time Jan.1 of o5 rolls around. We had three pretty good trips last year that really added to the odometor,

By the way, this is Honda miles.......... :) :) :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I commute about 50 miles per day during the Spring/Summer/Fall riding season, as well as 1 to 2 day trips on weekends.
We are planning some longer trips for this year, including maybe riding to Baltimore to visit the grandkids.
Hawk and LadyHawk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Miles

I have had my Wing 3 years this month and my weekly average is 512. But this last 3 weeks sure has put a hurtin' on my average. I hate ridin' on ice more that I hate riding' on gravel.
:cus:

Jerry

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Have had my wing since july3 and have 14,380 on now and love this bike it's like riding a sport bike all the way I have a Katana but this bike is much easyer on back and hands. Tim in calif all weather rider except east coast. :lol:

·
Registered
291 Posts
In the last month, I haven't gotten the bikes out the garage door at all! :(

However, I assume you're asking for an "average" number. Over the past 12 months, I've ridden about 33,000 miles - which is about 630 miles per week.

Roy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts