Votes: 10 10.0%
  • none

Votes: 1 1.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of helmet do you where the most in the hot summer temperatures.

Full Face

Modular

3/4

1/2

None

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
In the summer, Scorpion EXO-110 half helmet, gloss black, with drop down sun visor.
At night, I change the tinted visor to clear.
Takes 30s to change out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I hated the helmet law when it went into effect in 1992 (California). After that I wore the smallest helmet I could find, then traded up to a 1/2, then a 3/4, then a full face. Now I wear a modular in all seasons and can't imagine riding without it, although it does sometimes get almost unbearably hot. I feel naked even when I'm moving the across the yard without a helmet.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I wear an Arai full face regardless of temperature, tried the modular, and it didn't work at all for me. For those that choose not to wear, even for a short ride, in my opinion not a smart option. I've ridden half a million miles and never hit anything, then out of the clear blue sky a month ago I hit a car at darn close to 50mph 2 miles from home. My helmet had like a 6" long scrape on it. It was not like a really hard hit to the head, but 6" scrape on the head would have been rather painful, if not fatal. This was not on the GL1800 thankfully.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have a couple of Scorpion 900 modulars that I like. I use them in the 3/4 configuration with the peak visor unless it gets too cold then I'll add the front. I can't stand driving into the sun with no visor to block it and this helmet also has a retractable internal visor. I don't ride without a helmet.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Shoei Neotech that will soon be switched to a Schuberth C3 or C4. Waiting for the C4 to hit the market. My Scuberth M1 won me over to Scuberth.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Gmax OF77. The most comfortable helmet mankind has ever created. Around a $100.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Arai full face....all the time. In the hotter months, I add the LD comfort helmet liner.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Year round-Modular, HJC SyMax III & II plus LDC wet pullover head.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts