• 1/2

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • none

Votes: 1 1.0%
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
My modular helmet has the dark smoke lense and I believe it keeps me cooler because I don't have the suns raise beating down on me. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I had been wearing a 3/4 HJC helmet for the past few years. However, I have an upcoming trip from New Jersey to Alaska this summer so I just purchased a Schuberth C3Pro modular helmet for the trip because of the extra level of protection it affords.

Reactions: carsong85

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have a Modular Scorpian EXO-900 that is fine until the temps hit around 90 and the chin bar is swapped out for a visor and I'm good for an hour or too. The issue is I was a real idiot and got the cool looking matt black version; its not so cool! When I'm on the road for long runs I have a silver 3/4 Bell that is higlhy vented, very lite by comparison and has a large drop down visor and interior sun visor. I'll ride 8-9 hundred mile in 100+ heat with this helmet comfortably. Rarely do I ride without a lid; when I do its only a few blocks to dry out my helmet and hair while on a long trip or in my very rural neighborhood. One time down without a helmet will convince pretty much anyone that its worn for a purpose - I was very young, very quick in reaction time, in great shape and extremely lucky.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Arai Full Face - 100% of the time. My head is the only one I've got and a crash even at low speeds with anything less than full coverage is not a risk I'm willing to take, no matter which season it is

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have a 3/4 for warm weather, and a modular for colder days.

However, the 3/4 comes with a snap in chin piece, that makes it into a full face. Takes 10 seconds to snap in or out.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Modular Shoei Neotech for long open road rides , 1/2 helmet for around town

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
For me, the Shark helmet is the only way to fly! (I mean swim)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I only wear full face helmets, but would also consider a modular, but they don't sell any here in town so I can't try them on.

I bought one of these because it is a perfect match for my new 2013 red F6B.

I've always worn Arai full face helmets but they are $$$. This helmet was just over $100. A bit noisy and not as comfy as my Arai but it looks cool, especially with the dark smoke visor! :doorag:

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a Nolan N104 with a Sena 10R and upgraded iASUS speakers installed.
It's the most comfortable helmet my big head (2XL) has ever worn.
Never again will I have a helmet without a drop-down sun visor... it's the dog's paws!
I love the modular and ride with it open about 60% of the time. Always closed down on the highway though.

Jim

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Hoosier Daddy, too funny on the "giving us the finger" comment, now that you mention it, it does look that way when you look at the bar graph sideways. I'm surprised that modular helmets lead the pack. I thought it would be full face or 3/4 for Goldwing riders, but I guess that is really what the modular is, a compromise between both of them.

Reactions: Hoosier Daddy
21 - 31 of 31 Posts