GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for these to be delivered since I ordered back in October. They arrived today after being on back order that long.
Bacisally the Chrome plated plastic spokes are actually quite durable. Kit comes with 5 left and 5 right spoke covers as well as good directions.

I would suggest that unless you keep the front wheel clean all the time, do not waste your time with this project. Kit comes with a left and right guide to help you keep spoke in center. Also, make sure all areas are clean and install above 60 degrees F.

It would be a lot easier to remove any rotor covers you might have to make room for tie wraps that are in place for 24 hours.

HEY! What is that bike in the back ground!!!??? Who can tell me year, model and engine size?

Overall, I am so far very pleased with the product. I look forward to taking 1 more picture tomorrow night with the ty-wraps off. Cost was roughly $130.00.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
well, it is not as nice as your rear end . . .

Now, the extra bike . . . 1981 Suzuki 250.

:)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's earlier than that guys! It's an exact duplicate of my first bike I ever drove and owned.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Bumper,

Thanks for the writeup and pictures. I had wondered about those.

Trialsman

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dream Catcher... you win!!!! (Nothing) lol

Yes, you are correct with exception of the year. There were many made over several years and this particular one is a 1973 CL100

1 - 8 of 8 Posts