GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

i just installed the GL2way with CB system and installed the J&M music player with blutooth ( JM- JMDM-IPBT-GL18 ) ..

i lost the sound quality in CB system .. bluetooth works great

i used to have the OEM CB along with standard J&M music player .. work great no any problems .. then shift to gl2way and the j&M with bluetooth just to try both system ( since im a bike dealer i have to try all new parts )

very poor sound quality .. any ideas ..?? :shrug:
is it the gl2way sound quality like that ..?? too low .. all complaining that they cant hear my voice .. and i cant hear them as well .. sound volum has to be above 15 in order to get them

or is it because of the microphone interface in j&m player ..??

any ideas .. before i start disconnecting one system and try the other seperatly .. then the other way ..
:?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Are you sure you are in the CB "MODE"? I find just the opposite of your tests but I have the GL2Way and Bikemp3 player. The J&M player was locking up on me to much so I got rid of it. From my understanding the J&M (any J&M players) on 01-05 bikes like mine STILL have lockups but from 06 and up work a LITTLE better. Bikemp3 has been trouble free.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
With any AM CB you only get out what you put in audio wise I suspect there is a headset related issue the CB and the music player do not have any interaction with each other than the two connections to the headset cables from the J&M unit you need to try the items without the other connected

If the is something physically wrong with the connections you have made to the headset cables they may be attenuating the MIC signal which would not be normal, unplug the connections to the headsets and try the GL2WAY without them but we have several customers with the J&M unit and our CB.

You should also find a headset with a good output to try

It may just be a headset problem the GL2WAY output should be pretty loud and the J&M unit is pretty bulletproof

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
headset was great befor i install both devices .. im using J&M headset .. i never used CB sound volum more than 8 before .. i think ill unplug the connection to headset cable as you said and check how it work..

another problem i found with this J&M player is that whenever i switch off the bike for more than 5 min. it reset the song to the same song in folder no. 3 ... before with the standard J&M player i leave the bike for a month then start it it will continue the song from where it stoped .. :shrug:

my bike is 2010 .. should be no problem with the player

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
CB volume is different on the GL2WAY we set the linearity differently so a higher setting will be needed but actually at volume setting 20 we are 5db louder than the OEM basically the sound level comes up faster the higher you go

So if your saying the sound is bad because you never ran an OEM higher than 8 you need to turn up the setting to around 12 to 14 get the same level this is not really poor audio just levels set at different numbers

Now as for the outgoing audio you should be vastly louder than the OEM so long as your headset is good, also the antenna can effect your output and input

You may also have a faulty unit output wise but we test every unit and low output has never been an issue

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok .. here what i did ..
i checked all connections and ground .. perfect .. still same problem ..
i disconnected the j&M connection with the headset .. no luck ..
i tryed this last week on 600 miles trip .. every 50 - 100 miles i try to connect with the others .. not working ,, :roll:

:congrats: .. at the last 100 mile .. it work ... sound perfect .. sending and reciving normal ..

what happend.?? .. i dont know .. it works just like that ..??/:shrug:

im happy its working .. but i would like to know why this happen ...
im a dealer .. i dont what to ask my customrs to ride for 500 miles and it will work .. :22yikes:
now ill try to reconnect the j&M connection and see how it will work

im sure nothing wrong with the headset .. coz i swaped the bikes with my friend and he can get my voice .. and i couldnt get him .. also when th e problem was there .. the headset was working perfect with j&m bluetooth system

·
Registered
233 Posts
Jm /gl2way

I have the same setup, no issues at all. You need to check all of your connections. There is no interface between the CB and the CD electronics except the Honda radio.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
ok .. here what i did ..
i checked all connections and ground .. perfect .. still same problem ..
i disconnected the j&M connection with the headset .. no luck ..
i tryed this last week on 600 miles trip .. every 50 - 100 miles i try to connect with the others .. not working ,, :roll:

:congrats: .. at the last 100 mile .. it work ... sound perfect .. sending and reciving normal ..

what happend.?? .. i dont know .. it works just like that ..??/:shrug:

im happy its working .. but i would like to know why this happen ...
To me it sounds like the main connection to the GL2WAY may be loose what version of software do you have?

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
:cry:
went for a ride today ,, same problem .. sound is toooo low that almost i cant hear others .. and they cant hear me at all ..

checked all connections .. every thing ok ..

shall i ride another 500 miles to get it work :?
I believe that you are in second radio mode

Do this

Set your CB on speakers

Set your squelch to 10

Hit your PTT 3 times as fast as you can

When you hear I beep you are in CB 2 beeps second radio

1 - 13 of 13 Posts