GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left hinge that holds the trunk lid to the trunk lost all three bolts. Not sure how this happened? Temperarily repaired, with thinner household bolts, as not to strip the permanent nut on the hinge bolt holes. Has this occurred to anyone? Is this a warranty item?
My geuss is the Honda dealer will have to order new bolts? Probably $25.00 per bolt?

Sincerely SadLsore.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Alot of these trunk bolts were loose. Mine were very loose and some were half way out. If you have a nice dealer, he will probably replace them free. If not or if that's a hassle, get replacements at the hardware store and use lock washers or blue locktite. Take one of the remaining bolts in to get the right size and thread pitch. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Lost trunk hinge screws….. too common….

I started having trunk lid problems on my ‘01 while in Niagara Falls. The reason; two screws on one hinge gone, third half out; one screw on the other hinge gone, the other two loose. The first thing that I did with my ’02 was check as many bolts and screws that I could easily get to. Again, the trunk lid hinges were all a bit loose as were way too many others.. I know of two other 1800 that lost a screw or two from the trunk hinge.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Guess that I need to check the trunk screws periodically along with the loose screws my wife tells me about! :roll:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Trunk Hinge Bolts

Have an 01. Bolts would fall out, but was lucky and found them under hinge. Carried a wrench and tightened periodically for awhile before finally using some medium strength locktite, no problem since (6 mos).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts