GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
What they said (I have a Slime too; used it last year for the first time after repairing a punctured rear tire and was pleased with its performance. Inflated it much quicker than I thought it would)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mine is a 40020. I think i only paid $10 for it at Walmart a few years ago. Not that cheap anymore.

Screw on hose is a pain sometimes.

I like it because it because it doesn't need vehicle started for full output. DO NOT START VEHICLE it says.

My heated jacket battery can easily run it also.

Attachments

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yep, I've carried the Slime compressor for a few years in my ST1300. Never needed it-yet. It seemed to be the best performing for its size.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I carry a Honda one.
With all due credit to Monty Python . . . . That's not a Honda Tire Pump. It's a Slime Tire Pump, with the word "Slime" Crossed out and "Honda" written in!

Attachments

·
Vendor
17,811 Posts
With all due credit to Monty Python . . . . That's not a Honda Tire Pump. It's a Slime Tire Pump, with the word "Slime" Crossed out and "Honda" written in!
Nope ... mine is bestis. Mine ain't no sleazy Honda car one, mine is a "Pro Honda." Only professionals get to carry a "Pro" ... Just Say'n !!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Mine is a 40020. I think i only paid $10 for it at Walmart a few years ago. Not that cheap anymore.

Screw on hose is a pain sometimes.

I like it because it because it doesn't need vehicle started for full output. DO NOT START VEHICLE it says.

My heated jacket battery can easily run it also.

I saw that in my directions but decided I didn't want to chance killing my battery and adding to my problem so I left my bike idling while inflating; was expecting it to need to run quite a bit longer than it did. Didn't seem to hurt anything.

·
Registered
581 Posts
This is the one I have and have used numerous times for different applications...

GOOLOO Portable Auto Air Compressor Pump 300PSI, Premium Tire Inflator Electric DC 12V for Car, Truck, Bicycle or Basketballs, Air Bed Mattress and Other Inflatables

but it is currently unavailable.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Many years ago MCN (Motorcycle Consumer News) had a piece on a cheapo air compressor. The recommendation was go to Wal-Mart buy the least expensive plastic air compressor.
Open it up take out the guts and throw away the plastic case. Now you have what you really need. I cut off the cigarette lighter plug and soldered on a connector to match my Battery tender cord.
Stuck it in a ziplock and wrapped it with some rubber bands. I have been carrying it for over 20 years and it still works.

As others have said I never needed it for my tires but have used it several times for others. OH Yeah. it does get hot after filling a tire.

Reactions: gkarasik

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Which ever one you use, don't forget a fresh tube of glue!
Yep, almost every year the unopened tube of rubber cement is empty.
Just checked and replaced mine a few weeks ago when I was moving stuff from the ST1300 into the Wing.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts