GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are dumb questions and I know that for some this is going to be one of them - but I could use some thoughts. I have a 2003 Goldwing 1800 which I have had triked. It was my husband's bike and while he didn't love safety chrome, he did love his safety lights. There are boogey lights on the front wheel and orange colored stripe light along the sides. It has been three years since he passed away and I am finally ready to get out and ride. I realized yesterday at dusk as a I riding along on a back country road which runs along the Tennessee river, that I do not know how to turn on these extra lights. Where are the controls for these extra lights typically placed? What should I be looking for? Thank you in advance, Paulette

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome to the road, we wish you many happy miles.

Here's a suggestion, if you post some pictures of the handle bar area of the bike some one may be able to see those "lost" light switches.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
A switch could be anywhere, even hidden. Like Wing Ryder said post some pics and someone will be able to figure it out. Be sure to post some pics also of the right and left panels right in front of you knees also. Good for you for continuing the family tradition. :congrats:

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and condolences on the passing of your husband, and good for you for wanting to get out and ride again. The lights you are talking about sound like they are the "ring of fire" on the front wheel, and "opera lights" for the ones above the cylinder heads. They are normally tied into the running lights, and are on all the time. Make sure your front running lights are on (the ones on the mirrors). If those are not on - check your fuse in the fuse panel under the left side cover by the battery.

Hopefully a rider from your neck of the woods will see this and offer to swing by and assist you. And again, welcome to the forum. And the only dumb question is one you already know the answer to. All the others are good questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts