GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a car on Auto Traders and the owner is overseas. Says he will use MoneyBookers.com ????? Never heard of them myself how bout any of you out there. Is supposed to be like Pay Pal but deals with large purchase items.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Be careful and check it out real good before you send any money. I have a friend that got burned real bad on an overseas deal. Remember, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Be careful and check it out real good before you send any money. I have a friend that got burned real bad on an overseas deal. Remember, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
:agree:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Supposedly the owner of the car lives over seas now, bought this cobra mustang limeted edition, pimped it out with all kinds of performance stuff and then realized he could not import it to England. So he left the car behind with moneybrokers. And the price is toooooo cheap. Also says I will be able to check out the car for 10 days before I have to send money. All sounds too good to be true and probably is, but ya always here stories of the guy who finds the '67 split window corvette for 500.00 from little old lady that didn't know better. Just don't want to miss a good one if its legit.:eek:4:

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
How would he sign the title over to you? Is the car at a really good price? If so that is always a tip off.Sounds too risky for me.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Supposedly the owner of the car lives over seas now, bought this cobra mustang limeted edition, pimped it out with all kinds of performance stuff and then realized he could not import it to England. So he left the car behind with moneybrokers. And the price is toooooo cheap. Also says I will be able to check out the car for 10 days before I have to send money. All sounds too good to be true and probably is, but ya always here stories of the guy who finds the '67 split window corvette for 500.00 from little old lady that didn't know better. Just don't want to miss a good one if its legit.:eek:4:
but usualy the little old lady lives right there, and has the title still in the original envelope

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Anybody that buys and pimps out a Cobra Mustang is not a little old lady unaware of what she has.

You have to be hearing the scam alarms going off otherwise you would not be asking. Run the other way.

·
Smoky
1,190 Posts
All sounds too good to be true and probably is, but ya always here stories of the guy who finds the '67 split window corvette for 500.00 from little old lady that didn't know better. Just don't want to miss a good one if its legit.:eek:4:
Sounds like the guy that bought the '67 split window corvette got quite a deal.......seeing that 1963 was the only year they made a split window Corvette Sting Ray :shock: ! hahahahaha

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THANKS!!! FOR ALL THE INPUT. Hair was standing up on the back of my neck after reading the complaint page. Is the exact! scenario.

Thanks again all,

Old Crow:bow::bow::bow:

·
Vendor
22,095 Posts
I would be real tempted to have some fun with him and tell him I want to buy the car, but will use my own escrow agency.

I know I guy that got taken by a lady who sold him a luxury SUV and claimed that she would go to the bank and get the title the next day. He paid her, and took the vehicle. Never heard from her again and never got the title. Few months later the SUV gets repossessed (towed off) in the middle of the night. Turns out she didn't even own it, and the real owner (her ex husband) stopped making payments, so the loan company took it back. He lost all the money and no one has seen or heard from the woman since.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, have a blast with phone solicitors could have some fun with this one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Saw a gold wing on Cycle trader with same MO. It is a scam. I tried to get the guy to send me an email direct that I could get IP information from but he would only communicate via CT. Tried to get Cycle Trader to provide tracking information and folks that is one sorry @$$ company! They were worthless.

B

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Why on earth buy a car over seas now ? THere are many people wanting to bail out of loans, leases and deals can be had... help out an fellow american .

By the time you pay shipping , fees , taxes...you won 't save anything
also you have no idea...what kind of roads it's been on...

PASS !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts