GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello a member asked me to post photos of vintage bikes I restored, I was on the introduction thread. Can you tell me where to post them.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Option 1
Post them on your introduction thread.

Option 2
Start a new thread.... title it “show us your vintage iron” and then post them there. Other folks may also have cool stuff to post.

Option 3
Post them on this thread.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bikes I've restored

Photos of bikes I've restored, I haven't figured out if it's obsession or mental disorder. :surprise:

I currently own, other photos are sold bikes
75 Norton Interstate
73 Honda CB500
74 Yamaha DT360
75 Bultaco Frontera

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
goldwing

Great pictures!! I really enjoy stuff like this, thanks!!

Rayjoe

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That Norton gives me goose bumps. They all are pretty sweet. I thought my 85 virago was vintage, haha looks it, it is really new, but not close to this vintage. Nice work

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That Norton gives me goose bumps. They all are pretty sweet. I thought my 85 virago was vintage, haha looks it, it is really new, but not close to this vintage. Nice work

Thanks,
the Norton is fun to ride, tons of torque and handles good for an old bike.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hehe

Attachments

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Remember when the Honda 90cc was a monster sized bike??
My dream bike was a Honda 160cc BECAUSE the 305cc bike was way out of my league, I was a freshman in High school (1966) I proudly rode around on a Honda 50cc scooter

Nice bikes you got there, nice work! By the way, Thanks for the memories................Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the Norton 750cc Commando!

Ronnie

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's mine a 1982 honda nighthawk 650 Just got it on the road in july not show room quality but a lot of fun to ride
Pete
Hang on to it, some of those 80's bikes are making there way into vintage bike shows, becoming popular and sought after.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That's what I'm hoping to do with my 85 Virago, with 11 miles on it I suspect it's rather unique

Reactions: CAWing and rtbmrgl

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Photos of bikes I've restored, I haven't figured out if it's obsession or mental disorder. :surprise:........
Obsession is a mental disorder...... >:)

But, motorcycle obsession, we all have it!.....

Those bikes look great.... especially the black CB500.

I have three bikes, four if you count my wife's Goldwing as well. At one point in the past had eight bikes in the garage...

I want to buy a 2014 Valkyrie too, there are several "new" still out there.... wife just rolls her eyes at me...

Course, she got her 2018 Ford Mustang GT convertible didn't she.... I came through for that.... but another bike??? she think's I'm nuts.......... yeah... right. :wink2:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's what I'm hoping to do with my 85 Virago, with 11 miles on it I suspect it's rather unique

Wow, 11miles, whats the story behind the Virgo.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Obsession is a mental disorder...... >:)

But, motorcycle obsession, we all have it!.....

Those bikes look great.... especially the black CB500.

I have three bikes, four if you count my wife's Goldwing as well. At one point in the past had eight bikes in the garage...

I want to buy a 2014 Valkyrie too, there are several "new" still out there.... wife just rolls her eyes at me...

Course, she got her 2018 Ford Mustang GT convertible didn't she.... I came through for that.... but another bike??? she think's I'm nuts.......... yeah... right. :wink2:

Thanks Destindoc,
the CB500 was a 60th birthday present from step son's family. Its a huge surprise. He bought it from the original owner, 1243 orig miles.

Attachments

Reactions: irish44395K

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Wow, 11miles, whats the story behind the Virgo.
Outrageous barn find, purchased prepped to ship then abandoned for 30 years. Only 2 miles on it. Needed cleaning about 40 hours worth of it with inspection inside and out. Replaced battery, tires and mirrors and about 6 months of chasing/fighting for title. It's immaculate. Not sure I want to ride it or even break it in, but I decided to add two projector lights and a small windscreen. It's a 700 and so lightweight it's freaky after riding my wing.

Reactions: CAWing
1 - 20 of 23 Posts