GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Bushtec trailer hitch on my 2012 today. Went pretty smooth except for horrible Isolator instructions.

Got done and as always went for a test drive to make sure I hadn't mis wired something or anything like that.

Was going about 15-20 around the neighborhood. Went around a corner and there she was, the pot holes of all pot holes. Swerved but it was to late.

Huge "thunk" and over on her side she went.

Hopped off and this is what I fund.

Called up Progressive and started the claims process. $100 deductible.

We''l see how much damage was truly done. The check engine light is on for some reason and the lower cowl is scratched up underneath.

Man I swore I wouldn't drive at night on back roads. ..... sigh.

P.S. mine has a wobble now.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Gee Hailrazer, i'm truly sorry to hear and see that, man that was a pot hole, hope all goes well getting it back on the road.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gee Hailrazer, i'm truly sorry to hear and see that, man that was a pot hole, hope all goes well getting it back on the road.
Thanks. I pretty bummed right now. I am headed up to ride the Dragon's Tail on Sept 30-Oct 2, let's hope she's back up by then.

call the city and see what they will do about it..
Yes that will be my second call in the morning.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
The bike can be fixed, glad your alright.

BTW, I really like the way you painted the bike. It looks much better than the way Honda did it. Did you ever think about painting the silver side fairing too? I think it would look great painted the same color.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Should be an easy fix IF all that's damaged is the wheel. I'd be concerned with the fork internals with a hit like that. I'd definitely be prepared to replace the fork seals.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should be an easy fix IF all that's damaged is the wheel. I'd be concerned with the fork internals with a hit like that. I'd definitely be prepared to replace the fork seals.
Yea I will definitely make sure the entire front end is checked out.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
It was worth it to me last May when I lost a rim and tire due to a pot hole.

Definitely give the local road authority a call.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Put it in reverse back though the hole, good as new.

Good luck on the fix.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Yea I will definitely make sure the entire front end is checked out.
before you call city take pictures alot of pictures also get newspaper with the date on it lay it on ground next to pot hole and take pictures. Soon as you call they will come and fix it especially if you tell them that you ruin the front end of a new 2012 goldwing then insurance if they need poctures for your claim you dont have any because the city fix the pot hole just in case.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Pot holes references the size. Maybe being able to fit a pot into the hole? Or maybe putting the pot upside down as to eliminate the hole.

I think you hit a bath tub hole............ I would be calling local road agent as well. Take some pics of it before they can correct the problem.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Wow! Glad you're okay.
The wheel reminds me of one mounted on the wall in Quickdraw's shop but I don't think it was the same pothole.

Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I can't imagine the pothole that did that !!! :22yikes:

How big and how deep was it ???

Maybe made by a meteorite ??? :shrug:

Possibly this one ???

1 - 20 of 40 Posts