GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

My name is Chuck. I am local to the New Haven area. I am preparing to purchase a 09 Goldwing and would like to know what gear would you all suggest to ride through the cold months. Also what is the best online spots to pick up gear and parts for Goldwings.

Quick update. Purchase a 08 black Gl1800 W/ Nav/ABS package. Pick up in the morning. Also order floorboards and highway pegs which I will have to come back after the holiday to have installed while I am at work on Monday and then ride home.

Pics to follow

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your soon to be new Wing. The site sponsor Hal (Direct Line Parts) is a great place to buy farkles and stuff. Check them out. Ride safe..

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Hal has a Honda dealership, an online accessory store, and an online OEM parts store. You can access the online stores at the top right of the GL1800 Riders home page. http://www.directlineparts.com/

Most cold weather riders (and some of those Florida wousses) are using electric liners with wind stoping outwear. Start with a jacket liner and go from there. Gerbings and Warm & Safe are the most popular.

Most of us send our business to Hal. With stuff like helmets that you have to try on, I usually buy from the trying on place.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the timely reply. I will take a look at Hal's site and keep you all posted on my quest.

Chuck

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the wing-side. Nothing beats some good ski gloves and and electric vest to keep you toasty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I picked up an 08 black Goldwing with nav and ABS other then the rain which forced me to sit back and look at her for a few days I finallay got out and rode her today. I must say the Goldwing handle wonderfully. I went out tonight to try out the heated seat and grips and after 10 mins or so I was turning the seat down and the grips off as it was a little hot for me.

I have over two hundred miles logged in and I am starting to get the hang of how well she handles.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well I picked up an 08 black Goldwing with nav and ABS other then the rain which forced me to sit back and look at her for a few days I finallay got out and rode her today. I must say the Goldwing handle wonderfully. I went out tonight to try out the heated seat and grips and after 10 mins or so I was turning the seat down and the grips off as it was a little hot for me.

I have over two hundred miles logged in and I am starting to get the hang of how well she handles.

:congrats: enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Nice bike! enjoy and ride safe! :congrats:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Was fortunate to have put 700 miles since Thanksgiving on her so far. I am hoping to get another week before the weather forces me to put my new toy away:bow:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Welcome! Some of us like to have a little fun here, so my answer to what "Gear" in cold weather? I would go with 1st through 5th. :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats on your Wing! May she bring you much happiness and joy as mine has given me.

Ride safe, be safe

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing. Got my '08 ABS in Dec. and have not ridden it too much with all the snow and bad weather we have been having on weekends. I have ridden through your neck of the woods on my way north.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts