GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys. This is a picture of my original rear tire (Bridgestone) that has developed some type of deformity. What is this and what caused it? Run 41 psi in the rear tire. The other picture is what the rest of the tire looks like. Any idea?

Thanks,
Crewsn

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
Looks like you had some belt separation occur there. I didn't have any problems with my rear but the front bridgestone cupped really badly. Has anyone else run into this?

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
I'll also bet on the belt separation. I bet that thing would really wobble from side to side at slow speed.

Unsafe at any speed.....Get it off of there! :(

Sometimes you can break a belt in a tire also. You can break a belt by running low on air pressure and smack something hard such as the edge of a pothole or a new asphalt raise. The defect might show up many many miles later!

If you got 9,000 miles out of it they might tell you what you expect! :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I had a friend of mine that also stated that it was belt seperation and yes it does wobble at low speed real bad. Thought it was due to the front tire that had cupped real bad. Didn't notice the rear tire until I started adding some chrome parts to the rear. Will contact Bridgestone and see if they will make it up. It only has 9000 miles on it but they may say I have already got the normal milege out of it! Hope the Avons are out soon and I'll just buy a new set!

Thanks again, :s27:
Crewsn

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had the same problem with my first two Bridgestones at 8k and I will never put another Bridgestone on the rear, they were ok on the front.
If it were my bike I would replace it as soon as possible with a Metzeler

:yw1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts