GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want chrome but got to thinking of how nice it would be to have painted wheels here in Florida. Have any of you seen powder coated wheel on a wing? I have the bright orange looking red that they just started this year and would love to know what color or pain would look good if they make em and where to buy them, I am going to bike week but I have never seen chome or painted wheels ready for sale at a show. Please give me some advice and phone numbers for both if anyone can. Ron

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have see both chrome and powder coated wheels at the company that fortsand sent his wheels too. I was impressed with both. I went to the factory. Pictures dont do the powder coating justice. Either choice from classic components is a winner in my book. Great work.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ive had mine chrome for about a yr. I have had no problems w/ them and very pleased w/ the chrome decision.

·
Registered
48 Posts
chrome wheels

Hey Fortsands is there any reason why you didn't just have the original wheels chromed instead of buying an extra pair of rims. I would love to have my rims chromed but I would have to chrome my original rims (can't afford two set of rims). Is there something I might not know here.

Terry

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought a set and had them sent off to be chromed and when they got back had new tires, bearings, seals, stems installed and then exchanged them for the ones on the bike, with the idea that I would sell the ones I took off, but have not got around to that yet and they are still setting in the building. I guess I should put them up for sale. :oops:

Eddie

·
Registered
994 Posts
pilotlooking said:
I want chrome but got to thinking of how nice it would be to have painted wheels here in Florida. Have any of you seen powder coated wheel on a wing? I have the bright orange looking red that they just started this year and would love to know what color or pain would look good if they make em and where to buy them, I am going to bike week but I have never seen chome or painted wheels ready for sale at a show. Please give me some advice and phone numbers for both if anyone can. Ron
Some time ago there were pictures posted of an orange wing with matching powder coated wheels. I sure if you search on the subject you will find it.

We went with a clear satin powder coat.

1. Wife (its her bike) did not want too much chrome

2. She likes the aluminum look of the wheel.

3. My powder coater did it for $50

We are pleased with the results

G

·
I agree with Judy -- I want to put a finish on the wheels, but really prefer to minimize the chrome. When you say clear satin, do you mean it's basically transparent -- the color you see is the color of the aluminum showing through? Got any pics you could post? Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Powder coated or chrome...

the other day i went down to Sloan's Honda here in Murfreesboro, Tennessee and they had a 2004 Gold Wing in Black on the floor.... they had powder coated the crash bars, frame, and wheels.... it looked awesome, all the other trim was done in gold... key word gold wing.... yeah that is the stuff....... now what can i do with this Candy Orange 03..... Hmmm seems endless possibilities....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.