GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back, some folks asked what the powder coated wheels looked like.

Well, with Spring finally here and the snow gone, I've had the bike out long enough to clean it and take some pics. You'll see all my little farkles I've added in the 2+ years I've had the bike. The wheel colour is "wet black", but they also have 3 coats of clear on them.

Clean up is a breeze! Plus, the bike looks great!

Cheers!

V.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cbenoit1/

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I think those would look better on my Black Goldwing than your Pearl White. I'll pay the shipping for the exchange. PM me.

Herb

·
Registered
62 Posts
The wheels look good! :congrats:

Trey

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! For $270.00, including sandblasting, it's a deal!

V.

·
Canuck
2,824 Posts
Vordak - Where did you get that done? How much?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I think those would look better on my Black Goldwing than your Pearl White. I'll pay the shipping for the exchange. PM me.

Herb
That would be too much black on your bike. Better let him ship them to me. Better contrast on the yellow.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Not familiar with the powder coated process V. The third photo down gets me to ask how smooth should the finished product be?

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
WOW,
Looks very nice.
Would love to have the same process done on my Black D-Max one ton dually.
Larry (thecruiser)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those that asked. I got it done here: www.ktownpowder.com

He works from home, in a shop.

My wheels were really badly damaged from pitting so even with sandblasting, the rear wheel retained an uneven surface. That's why I had him finish it the way he did, a bit like an orange peel feel.

My ultimate goal was only to prevent further damage to the wheels and make cleaning them easier. The front wheel is in much better condition and the finish is smooth and perfect.

Some spoke areas on those wheels are also factory shipped with a bumpy surface, those we couldn't do anything about.

Cheers!

V.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not familiar with the powder coated process V. The third photo down gets me to ask how smooth should the finished product be?

If the metal that the powder is going on is smooth then the finished will also be smooth, Here is a picture of the sme wet black powder over perfect chrome part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts