GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just for anyone's info, i got my parts back from powder coat and they turned out great, got the valve covers done, timing cover and also the chrome kury luggage rack. they were done in gold which looks great against the illusion red, the kury rack was marked from carrying luggage so this was sort of an test, the powder coat is so durable and scratch resistant as well as easy to clean, i think i will be doing the rims when the tires are due to be changed and the centerstand as well!!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yep! Like Johnny says....Got some pictures?
We are not nosy or pushing folks on the board,
but this weather may impose a hardship on some of us if we are forced
to form a riding group and come up there to enforce the
undocumented board requirement that any comment about
interesting things like "gold powder coating" requires the poster
to provide pictures to prove his statements.
Besides, that sounds cool enough to bring out the nosy and pushy
in any true Winger.:lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pics??

i do have pics but don't know how to post them, they are on my computer on the kodak program, if you could send me an email i will glagly send some pics back to you and maybe you can post them for me, i reinstalled on side last nite and am happy with how it looks
thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pics

hey john, just read up on that link and will try it hen i get home from work but for now i tried to forward you an email i sent out last nite, will give the posting a try, thanks
Crow

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Man, do those every look FANTASTIC!!!!! I bet someone could make some money marketing those items.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Boy those pictures get the thinking wheels spinning. Looks great.
I'm eager to see a picture of the whole bike with the gold parts installed.
Keep those pictures coming.
It would be great to post the place where you had the work done and cost.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i got these parts done here in thunder bay at pelltiers auto body, they are the first shop in this area, they have been good to me cause i will bring them tanks and parts and get them recleared will they are doing other cars, the cost for these 6 parts was $250 which around here is i think is a very good price, now the luggage rack will not scuff like the chrome did, later i plan on doing all the small brackets such as the one for the front fender and am still thinkin about doing the rims, but i also like the look of aluminum when polished, just get tired of doing it! i should have the bike reassembled in acouple of weeks and will post some pics, and thanks john for posting them for me, may need ya to do it again, thanks
Crow

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Crow,
That's awesome, a great change from what most of us have voiced and maybe thought, a different thinker here could be a very good thing for some of us to take a different view on our own Wings. :wink:
I'm still stickin' with the black for mine but hey I get stuck in a rut easily. :roll: :lol:

Again to join the gang, more pics please and soon. 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts