GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I confirm something please from those that might know...

The spot/fog lights get their power directly from the tail light circuit.

I've studied the circuit diagrams and I can't see how they'd get their power from anywhere else unless an additional connection was made back to the battery.

I want to be sure because I currently have the Big Bike Parts lights, and while there is a relay in the harness, I believe all this does is to break the power to the aux lights when I select full beam. If this is the case, I can remove the relay, jump across the switched terminals, and have my lights work on dip and full beam.

Hoping someone knows...

Thanks,

·
Chard Member
12,972 Posts
I think it's the blue wire you can disconnect from the relay to have the driving lights on high or low.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no blue wire going to the relay itself in the Showcrome wiring loom, but from the circuit diagram I saw what you mean. That's the full beam trigger wire and it does go to the Honda plug. Shame Showchrome didn't follow through with the same colors lol.

I've removed the relay and jumped the Red and Blue/Brown wires and now my spots work all the time they're switched on... doesn't matter if on high or low beam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts