GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a GPS and hope to use a KTG single Set system to interrupt the intercom connection. I looked under the left pocket to follow the intercom wire to the connector but it seems to run back toward the seat. Can anyone tell me how to get to this connector? Do I need to remove the seat on my 06 Wing and if so, how is the seat removed? Dummy in Georgia.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
take out the four bolts holding on the handles. then get the middle (lumbar support piece that will pull out, and lift that end up about six inches then slide the seat toward the back wheel. there is a clip onthe front end of the seat. that slides under a metal loop attached to the frame.

you have to lift the back end and then slide to the back. nothing at the front to be done. Once you get it off you'll see what I mean. It's pretty easy.

G

·
0 Posts
Taking the passenger backrest off as well will assist. Just 4 screws at the back of the inner trunk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve and Dick! That tells me what I need to know. Owners manual didn't tell me so I knew I could rely on my friends on the message board to help me.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
You don't need to remove the seat for this installation - the rider headset connector connects to the bike harness right behind the headlight adjustment panel.

You can get to it by pulling the left pocket, removing the left trim piece and then remove the headlight adjustment panel. You'll find the headset connector inside the black rubber boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts