GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know of a place to buy quality plugs that fit the Gerbing connectors? I picked up some at Radio Shack and they were pretty cheap. Looking for good heavy duty, preferably rubber (not bakalite) connectors.

For the techies, is the gerbing size 5.5 x 2.1?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Gerbing sells them on their accessory page. I "think" the BMW ones would work too, worth a look anyway.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
SilverGhost - you can buy the power plugs from California Sports Touring at:
http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc

I would recommend the Powerlet Products SCREW CONNECT SOCKET - PSO-002 which runs $13.46 there at that dealer.

Depending upon where you place the power plug you may need some adaptors too, and they come in various lengths (such as):
Powerlet Products PAC-010- BMW/SAE CABLE - S. Duper Plug (this one runs $17.96 there):

One possible setup is something like this (which has worked great for me):

The power plugs are great and I think you will prefer them to the other options.

DaleC

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:?: Not looking for the whole plug.

Just want the connector portion. Both M/F types.
Thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
Silver Ghost,

The size is actually 5.5 x 2.5.

I bought 5.5 x 2.1 female jacks and the Gerbing male plug fit extremly loose. Bought a 5.5 x 2.5 female jack and the Gerbing male plug fits perfectly.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Silver -

I saw them in a recent issue of the White Horse Press catalog. I had been looking too ... for the same reason. Have Gerbing jacket liners with old type plug and Gerbing gloves with the new style plugs.

People at Gerbings told me that they would rewire for me if I sent the liners to them. Dont want to do that during this time of year. If you know what I mean. Gerbing keeps me warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts