GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't want to have the power socket on the outside of the pocket. Originally I was going to leave it inside behind the pocket and have the xm power supply come through with the aux input. Then I thought what if I want to plug in an mp3 or something else.

Has anyone installed the power socket inside the left pocket. If so where did you locate it.

Thanks

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
I don't know if I follow you or not. The Honda power socket is made to fit on the front wall of the left pocket! When you take the pocket out you will see the center marks.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Red - guess I should have pulled the pocket first

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Jim,

If you don't want to give up a socket (and have the power supply taking up a lot of room in the pocket) you can keep your soldering iron handy and hard-wire it. Here's how I did it:
  • Open connector and remove the board.
    Remove the plug hardware and hard-wire a power wire (with appropriate fuse).
    Put the board in a small enclosure, or encase it in a large piece of heat-shrink tubing.
    Plug it into the Acc power adapter or your nearest switched power supply.
    Re-install your pocket and enjoy your space. :lol:
I know you've got some time this weekend, and your soldering iron is probably still warm!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts