GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from someone with a wiring diagram on an '06. I am planning to install a Whelan strobe unit on my '06. I am a ham radio operator and I do a lot of charity work - working walks, bicycle rides etc. for charity usually leading or trailing these events.

I want to find the easiest place to tap into the hazard flasher switch. What I need is a positive 12v signal to the Whelan unit when the hazards are on. It can be a low level signal..just enough to signal the Whelan that I want it on. I want hazards and strobes on at the same time. The real voltage for the strobe unit will come directly from the battery. The unit will be in the trunk, so the closer I can pick up the signal to there the better.

Also, any advise on removing the headlights would be appreciated. I need to drill the housings to install the strobes. The tail light installation seems to be reasonably easy, as long as the posts don't turn in the unit...I have read other posts regarding this.

Thanks in advance for your posts.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is legal, at least in TX. I had the unit on my truck before I sold it. I did have to carry a copy of the TX law with me. I only had to prove it twice in about 3 years.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Not sure about your question on which wire to tap, but I can help you with the power supply if you need it. I install those all day long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts