GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I + another couple are coming up for the weekend of the 24th to ride around the area and see the cranberry festival. Any suggestions on roads would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Wife and I + another couple are coming up for the weekend of the 24th to ride around the area and see the cranberry festival. Any suggestions on roads would be appreciated.
I am not the specific road guide, there are others who are even more familiar, but all the area around reedsburg, Wisconsin dells, to prairie are nice rolling hills and rock outcroppings. Look for the valley roads filled with small farms and so forth. It's good riding.

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Warrens berry bash

Yes 3turtles is correct your in great riding area from Rockford up to Warrens . Any alphabet roads are great ,now awesome roads are named coulee,ridge,hollow,and bluff. Look for these most are paved :eek:4: I will pm you with roads I know by end of weekend around Warrens area :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
WI 60 runs east from Prairie du Chien along the north shore of the Wisconsin River to Spring Green. It is closed east of Spring Green for construction.

County C runs east along the southside of the Wisconsin River. It intersects with US 18/WI 35 south of Prairie du Chien.

WI 35 north of Prairie is very scenic all the way to LaCrosse.

WI 171 is a great road that runs east from WI 35 south of Ferryville to US 14, which will then lead you to Vetesnik Motors in Richland Center

The Great River Road from East Dubuque up to LaCrosse then back down south on WI 35 to the Mississippi River bridge to Lansing, IA and then south on Iowa's Great River Road to Dubuque is a spectacular ride.

As Rail32 said, most alphabet roads in SW Wisconsin are good bets for a nice ride.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Motel

Great Mom & Pop Motel, about 1 1/2 blocks North of Poopys Rest. Has nice Canopy for Bike Shelter. Love Bikers. Lot of Nice Riding from there. They also have printed Maps of great roads to ride from there. North

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Sending pm right now :thumbup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hwy 35 is great or taking 27 north out of Prairie Du Chien is good. Lots of high hills to look down in to valleys. 27 up to 82 is good, then 82 east. 33 going past Wild Cat Mountain to La Crosse is another good road. If near Hillsboro FF to Wonewoc is great, then jump on G east toward Mauston. G is a little rough but great scenry. Just south of Mauston is K. One of my favorite roads for curves. 80 out of Richland Center north is also pretty good. You really can't go wrong on many of the roads is SW Wisconsin. I haven't done much riding north of 90 going to La Crosse only because I have spent so much time riding south of it. Next year I hope to get more riding in counties like Trempealeau, Buffalo, and La Crosse. Enjoy your ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts