GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ride into work this morning was pleasant. Although the temperature was 36 (a bit chilly for South Florida), the wind chill on the bike at 60 mph was 18 degrees. I was wearing my Aerostitch electric vest under my L.L. Bean warm up jacket and down filled snomobile gloves on my hands. You've got to hand it to modern technology for keeping a rider protected when Mother Nature decides to send an Artic Express this deep into the sunshine state. As I type this from my office, I'm wishing I had a 12 volt DC source to plug my vest into. My office is freezing. By Saturday, I'll be putting the electric vest away for awhile (Gee - only used it once this year) because the tempertures will be back in the 70's again.
You folks up north (anywhere above Vero Beach, Florida and beyond) keep warm and safe.:snow1:

· Registered
2013 Red GW
5,937 Posts
26deg here in the north side of Orlando. Wendy all night so no frost but plenty cold for me. I hate cold weather. I will take the heat of summer any time.

· Registered
26 Posts
Hey Jim , I rode into work also this morning , It's 17 degrees , with a wind chill around 4 degrees :eek:4: here in South Jersey . My ride to work takes me into Delaware . I wear Gerbings Union Ridge jacket and pants along with G3 Gloves ... Was very comfortable riding today ... I love the Gerbing clothes ..

· Registered
1,457 Posts
On a whim I went to Wings ove the Smokies a few years back and ended up buying Gerbing jacket liner/pant liner/ G3 gloves.
I should have done it years earlier!!
4 layers of clothing under cold weather riding gear is good for about an hour when riding in 20s and 30s but one thin layer under Gerbings keep me nice and toasty all day long.

Steve

· Registered
906 Posts
Yup :agree: riding in gerbings or prolly any other heated clothing is like riding in an electric blanket. Soooo toasty.

· Registered
21,709 Posts
i have heated gear, jacket-pants-socks, someday might even get some heated gloves

sure is nice to have when u need it but to be honest i rarely wear any of it it unless the ride is going to be well over 100 miles, just to much hassle messing with the wires

· Registered
466 Posts
I got a lot of grief when my riding buddies found out I'd bought Gerbing G3 gloves and the vest.

Saturday morning it was 46F, Tuesday it was 47F, and this morning it was 37F. As nice as the heated seat and grips are, there is nothing like being warm from head to fingertips.

· Registered
3,508 Posts
I sell heated gear to ATV'ers & Snowmobilers to. And even to a few airplane pilots. Some wear it while driving to. Must have a poor heater, lol

One guy has it hooked up to his snowblower tractor to. Thing must be huge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.